Human Resources Manager
People Operations /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying reusable and recyclable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions. We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits. We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
We’re looking for a tenured, energetic and empathetic Human Resources Manager to bring Human Resources knowledge and expertise as a core member of our People Operations team supporting the entire organization (currently 200+ employees and growing rapidly). Your responsibilities will include benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, new employee onboarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Manages all HR activities, communications, reports, requests and documents created and received by the team.
- Handles employment related inquiries from employees and supervisors. Refers complex matters to the appropriate staff.
- As a core member of the People Operations team, supports the company’s employees through fast paced growth and expansion. Has a good understanding of state-by-state differences in employment/multi-state employment law.
- Oversees the employee onboarding and offboarding workflows and ensures an engaging and seamless process takes place with each new hire and employee exit. Makes recommendations based on how the process can be improved over time considering growth and resources.
- Educates employees on the Ridwell benefits program and assists employees with technical questions regarding benefits administration and enrollments.
- Drives the annual benefits renewal and communications of changes/timeline for renewal to employees.
- Brings energy and enthusiasm to company culture initiatives such as employee recognition programs and other engagement projects as assigned. Generates innovative ideas on making processes more efficient and engaging for employees.
- Educates employees on FMLA and other state leave programs and processes requests accordingly. Tracks employee leaves of absence through the HRIS system and communicates with managers regarding payroll and absent employees.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- May assist with processing payroll and has a base knowledge of payroll compliance and record keeping.
- Brings energy and knowledge to company training programs such as safety compliance and Ridwell culture training.
- Participates as a member of the Ridwell team and performs other projects and duties as assigned and handles all internal employment information with professionalism and confidentiality.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- Experience handling a wide variety of HR functions, preferably in a growing small or mid-size organization. Startup experience preferred.
- Ability to problem solve independently and excellent critical evaluation.
- Excellent time management, must be able to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Exceptional written and oral communication.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 7+ years experience in Human Resources and multi-state employment law knowledge highly preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP is a plus.
Benefits at Ridwell
- We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following:
- Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
- Paid parental leave401(k) plan
$115,000 - $115,000 a year
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.