Senior Systems Administrator II – Desktop Support
Bremerton, WA /
Operations and Maintenance /
Riptide Technology has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator II – Desktop Support position to support our government customer based in Bremerton, WA.
This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret with SCI clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
The position is required to be onsite.
- The Systems Administrator II - Desktop Support are the Tier 2 team members of an Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Desktop Support team responsible for the IT-related end client computing requests, patching, and deployment for the customer’s IT business and mission-focus enterprise systems. The Systems Administrators will be directly responsible for planning, receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively managing end client computing. The Systems Administrator will use common vendor provided, as well as custom internal, management tools to provide consistent desktop configuration and end-user experience. The Systems Administrator must be comfortable handling complex development requirements independently as well as be capable of supporting internally escalated tickets from the IT Enterprise Service Desk team.
- The IT Enterprise Desktop team supports a wide array of systems, applications, and services spanning desktop operating systems (OSs), high-performance graphic workstations, thin clients, huddle room conferencing systems, printers, scanners, multifunction printers, and end points on a cross domain solution.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience working in an enterprise IT desktop administrator role.
- Shall be Microsoft Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA); Windows 10 or 7 certified.
- Demonstrated experience deploying and managing end-client computing of Microsoft Windows desktop platforms or ThinLinux.
- Demonstrated experience providing Desktop Support services to a variety of EUC platforms and applications such as thick, thin, and zero clients – both “physical” and “virtual” – persistent and non-persistent (Citrix Desktops (formerly XenDesktop), appV, and Windows Terminal Services).
- Demonstrated experience working directly with customers – in person or over the phone – to elicit all necessary details to capture their IT end-client computing requirements accurately and completely.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft and third-party application software installation, configuration, life cycle, management, metering, monitoring, etc.
- Demonstrated experience patching to include operating systems, Microsoft, and third-party patching to include research, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and rollback as needed.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Shall meet the Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) System Administrator (451); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance. (See Navy Cool Website)
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited University; OR
- Certification: CompTIA Security+ ce; OR
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); OR
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret with SCI clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerShell and its local and remote diagnostic and analysis capabilities.
- Familiarity with basic Networking troubleshooting concepts and approaches.
- Familiarity with supporting internally escalated tickets from a Service Desk team.
- Familiarity with implementing, troubleshooting, and reporting for IAVAs and IAVBs.
- Familiarity with remediating IA and INFOSEC findings as reported by Tenable Security/CND, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with remote monitoring and management tools to troubleshoot, assess, and resolve issues across a globally dispersed IT enterprise