Classification Management & Security Training Officer
Springfield, VA /
Analytic and Administrative /
Riptide Technology is hiring a Classification Management Specialist at our location in Springfield, VA. This position is required to be onsite.
The Classification Management & Security Training Officer is a SME on Information Security, in addition to, the development, facilitation and implementation of a multidisciplinary security training and awareness curriculum for SCI programs. The CM/STO will use subject matter expertise to provide advice and assistance to the government regarding relevant information security practices, procedures and policy guidance. The ideal CM/STO requires excellent writing skills, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Security Clearance: This position will require an active DoD TS/SCI clearance; the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph is required.
- Expertise in interpreting and applying the ICD 710 Classification and Control Markings System.
- Expertise in the implementation of classification, control, marking, and dissemination principles.
- Experience in interpreting Security Classification Guides.
- Experience drafting or implementing broad classification management guidance and policy at the department, agency, or IC level.
- Experience conducting classification reviews of all material as requested by PMO.
- Ability to balance policy requirements with program mission and timelines.
- Ability to identify and assess multiple sources for classification determinations.
- Ability to handle complex classification issues.
- Ability to analyze complex information, independently take appropriate actions, and review and approve recommendations from others.
- Ability to conducting research and analysis.
- Working knowledge of DODM 5200.01.
- Familiarity with the 32 CFR Part 117 NISPOM.
- Demonstrated expertise in classification management and portion marking.
- Experience creating a security training program for a large program office.
- Experience in creating recurring training schedules.
- Experience conducting briefs to large audiences.
- At least 3 years of experience building briefs using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to develop Annual Program security and SCI Refresher Training.
- Ability to engender rapport with the military, civilians, and other contractors at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and team building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, security, and/or a related field or 10 years of classification management and/or program security officer experience.
- Familiarity with the DODM 5205.07, vol. 1-4.