VMware Systems Administrator I (HCI)
Port Hueneme, CA /
Systems Engineering and Development /
Riptide Technology We are hiring for a Systems Administrator I - HCI to support our government customer based in Port Hueneme, CA. The position is required to be onsite.
The System Administrator - Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) supports the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Infrastructure team by providing enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available, hosting and service provider services in direct support of the Activity's business and mission needs. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for a variety of operational related assignments associated with all deployed virtualization, storage, and data protection related systems, applications, and service technologies on multiple sets of enterprise-level IT systems in support of the Activity’s data center and remote site environments.
The Systems Administrator supports virtualization-based O&M tasking of deployed operational Infrastructure solutions backed by Citrix, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Veeam, and VMware. The Systems Administrator also supports O&M tasking of deployed operational storage solutions backed by Citrix, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Veeam, and VMware. When storage issues, incidents, and/or problems arise, the Systems Administrator assists with the troubleshooting and problem resolution support.
The Systems Administrator produces and maintains documentation of the Infrastructure team’s systems and components including as-built documentations, drawings, capacity/performance plans, and all other areas of system life-cycle planning. The position supports the exploration, investigation, research, analysis, and assessment of new virtualization, storage, data protection technologies, methods, and/or approaches to modernize and improve upon existing infrastructure solutions.
Travel Requirements: Optional, infrequent travel may be requested. Travel should not exceed 10 days per year.
- Security Clearance: This position will require an active DoD TS/SCI clearance. The ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph is required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. If no degree is held, qualified candidates must possess one of the following certifications:
- OR Certifications:
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Required Qualifications:
- Shall have 3 or more years of hands-on experience providing progressively complex Enterprise IT administration or engineering support in one or more of the following areas: storage systems, virtualized environments, servers, cybersecurity, endpoints, and/or networks.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply complex technical concepts.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining enterprise-level technologies, such as Microsoft, VMware, Nutanix, NetApp, RHEL, Citrix, Cisco, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments that utilize Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Shall meet the Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) System Administrator (451); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance. (See Navy Cool WebSite).
- Travel Requirements:
- Optional, infrequent travel may be requested. Travel should not exceed 10 days per year.
- Strongly desired to hold advanced certifications in a technical area, such as CCNA, NCAP, CISSP, VCP, NCDA, CCA, RHCSA, Azure Fundamentals, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience implementing, operating, tuning, optimizing, and maintaining solutions to provide virtualization, storage, data protection, and networking services for enterprise level consumers.
- Understanding of the physical and tiered storage system configuration options, their recommended use cases, and general best practices for achieving optimal and efficient storage solutions.
- Understanding of data protection technologies to effectively backup, snapshot, replication, archive, and restore all required tiers of storage.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging vendor-provided best practices, systems, applications. and services to regularly patch and upgrade solutions.