Senior Systems Administrator II - Generalist
Port Hueneme, CA /
Operations and Maintenance /
Riptide Technology has a great opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator II - Generalist to support our government customer based in Port Hueneme, CA. This position is required to be onsite.
This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD TS/SCI clearance, with a CI Poly preferred. The ability to obtain a CI poly is required.
This position is required to be onsite.
- The Senior Systems Administrator II shall support the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team to provide high-performance, highly available, server technology solutions.
- The Senior Systems Administrator II shall provide O&M support - installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning- to the activity's IT cross domain solution (CDS) which allows access to Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS) and Operational Domains from a single workstation, backed by AIS SecureView. This complex client-server solution requires the Senior Systems Administrator II to be knowledgeable and capable of administering a combination of Microsoft Windows and Linux based platforms.
- Secondary duties and responsibilities include working alongside IT O&M Server team members to provide O&M support to existing server-based solutions which across a variety of major technology vendors including, but not limited to, Citrix, Esri, McAfee, Microsoft, Red Hat, and SolarWinds. The majority of these managed services are hosted on Microsoft Windows Server platforms, but there are also Linux distributions as well.
- The Senior Systems Administrator II shall support the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) for the Server O&M team providing troubleshooting support and guidance to assess and remediate challenges primarily in the CDS domain. However the goal for the Senior Systems Administrator II is to extend support to both Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) platforms as time and resources are available
- The Senior Systems Administrator II shall work closely with the activity's Senior Systems Administrator, Network Engineer as well as the IT team to ensure that the CDS-based networking devices and components are tested, implemented, and maintained within optimal and required configurations to continue to provide the most secure operating environment possible.
- The Senior Systems Administrator II shall contribute to the production and maintenance of documentation for the team's solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the activity's IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other areas of server system life-cycle planning.
- Shall have 5 or more years of hands-on experience providing O&M support of enterprise server operating systems (OSs) (Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, etc.) and server applications and services across multi-platform information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience specifically related to providing O&M to Multi-Level Security (MLS) and/or CDS implementations, integrations, accreditations, and operations.
- Shall have 3 or more years of hands-on experience working with Linux-based platforms.
- Specific experience with RHEL 6 and/or 7 is a plus.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience of having a strong understanding of core IT Networking protocols, including, but may not be limited to, SSH, SCP, FTP, SSL, PIJ, VPN, SNMP, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Helpdesk coverage.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) position as defined in Section 6, Table 3.
Education OR Certification Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited University; or
- OR Certifications:
- CompTIA Security+ ce; OR
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); OR
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Security Clearance Requirements
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility, with a CI Poly preferred. The ability to obtain a CI poly is required.
- Strongly desired to be Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN) certified.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified: Modem Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10 certified.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2016 certified.
- Strongly desired to have experience working with Microsoft Windows 10 enterprise desktop offerings as clients within virtual, and ideally CDS, implementations. Experience with enterprise Windows Server 2012 or newer is also a plus.
- Demonstrated experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell on Linux, Bash, Perl, Python, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine, as well as complex, O&M duties and responsibilities, with a focus on maximizing efficiency, consistency, and minimizing the subsequent human error factor of related tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with performing hardware and software system validation testing and validation of software and functional testing as it relates directly to Authorization and Accreditation of CDSs.
- Demonstrated experience with the ability to use troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical expertise and approaches to overcome networking, hardware, system, configuration, filtering, scripting, and setup issues to achieve successful implementation and integration results.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of enterprise-grade IT solutions across the technology stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with providing O&M support of Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASAs) is a plus.
- Familiarity with enterprise Microsoft server-based applications, such as Exchange, IIS, SQL, SharePoint, etc. and/or services, such as Active Directory (AD) and Domain Naming Service (DNS) is a plus.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with providing O&M support of Red Hat Satellite to centrally administer RHEL platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with providing O&M support to Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) configurations are a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE), and VirusScan Enterprise for Storage (VSES) for the purpose of satisfying IA/INFOSEC end-point anti-virus, threat, firewall, and web control is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using the SolarWinds Orion Platform (NPM, NTA, NCM, IPAM, UDT, NTM, DPA, SAM, etc.) for the purpose of enterprise-wide centralized entity performance, configuration, capacity, and availability monitoring is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experiencing providing server and/or desktop O&M support within Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementations are desired. Specific experience working with Citrix XenDesktop hosted offerings is a plus.
- Familiarity with IT Networking technologies, concepts, and approaches to routing and switching, TCP/IP, traffic analysis, packet capturing and analysis, and traffic flow is a plus.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD TS/SCI clearance, with a CI Poly preferred. The ability to obtain a CI poly is required.
$170,000 - $195,000 a year
6 weeks PTO; Immediately fully vested 401k, Company contribution equal to 9% of salary; Paid training; 100% Company paid Dental and Vision, Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Riptide Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer ensuring no employee or prospective employee will be discriminated against based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or marital status with regards to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion or rehiring.