Senior Backend Engineer
Remote (Canada) /
Led by funding from Crosslink Capital, Bullpen Capital and Y Combinator, Roofr started as a managed marketplace for roofing providing roofing estimates in seconds through satellite imagery.
We’re now building an all-in-one sales platform for roofers to grow their business- from fast and accurate satellite roof measurements to project-winning proposals.
Our mission is to ensure every family across North America has access to protect their home with an affordable roof.
Building a powerful user experience is what sets Roofr apart from all other roofing platforms. As an Engineer in an early stage and high growth company, you will have a large impact on both technical implementation and help steer our technology roadmap.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Help drive backend architecture to the next stage of Roof’s systems.
- Work in a fast paced cross-functional team that values doing things ‘the right way’.
- Contribute in an early stage company with engineering first culture.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of software development experience
- Is a champion of agile methodologies, and enjoys shipping code often and confidently.
- Has a track record on breaking down complex problems as incremental solutions.
- Proactively recommends initiatives to improve our engineering technologies and culture.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other grow.
- Takes ownership of the product and is proud of the quality of their work.
- Has excellent communication skills, and appreciates the value of good documentation.
- Understands the challenges of early stage company priorities.
Your responsibilities will consist of:
- Contributing to all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, from planning to delivery.
- Collaborating with the cross-functional team members to develop technical requirements.
- Writing clean code to develop functional web applications and reusable libraries.
- Writing unit, functional, and acceptance tests.
- Troubleshooting and supporting production applications.
Some skills we are looking for:
- Understands micro service architecture, and creating scalable platforms
- Building Restful APIs
- Experience with PHP Language & Laravel framework
- Knowledgable on database technologies and domain design
- Experience building frontend testing and automation systems for unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, and user acceptance tests.
We would love someone that has skills in:
- Big Data / Data Science
- Machine learning
What You'll Get:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits from day 1
- Flexible PTO
- Home office set-up
- Equity options
Our location / Remote work:
- Our engineering office is based out of Toronto, Canada.
- We are a remote first company, but still like the idea of getting together for key milestones.