Senior DevOps Developer
Waterloo/ Toronto/ Remote
RouteThis is a Waterloo-based B2B SaaS whose time has come to level up! We’re on a mission to intelligently automate customer support services with market leading software solutions that keep the modern, WIFI connected homes of the future optimized. RouteThis products are changing the world of technical support and we are looking for amazing talent to join our team and help us revolutionize this $15 billion dollar industry.
As a Senior DevOps Developer you will be the founding member of our Production Engineering team. If you are a builder at heart, this is a unique opportunity to directly influence the direction of both the technology and DevOps culture at RouteThis. In this role you will be working closely with the rest of the engineering team to continuously improve the RouteThis infrastructure and applications in automation, reliability, scalability, security, and observability.
In this role you will:
- Manage system wide monitoring and observability tooling covering infrastructure, applications, web and mobile
- Define standards and processes for RouteThis DevOps especially in areas of releases, infrastructure change management, security, incident management, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Track and report on metrics that illustrate the state of production over timeLead design conversations and recommend infrastructure improvements for scalability, automation, security, reliability, and observability
- Contribute to or lead design conversations and improvement projects around CI/CD pipelines
- Make recommendations on tools, services, and technology selections
- Lead the RouteThis security practice
- Mentor developers interested in learning about DevOps culture and practices.
- Communicate with the entire business about DevOps standards and processes
- AWS ECS, EC2 and Lambdas plus many other AWS services
- MongoDB, DynamoDB, AuroraDB, RDS, Snowflake, Elasticsearch
- Web and mobile (iOS and Android) front-end applications
- Github Actions
What you bring to the role:
- Self-starter who loves building and collaborating with other developers and engineers
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience in a SaaS environment on AWS cloud services for at least part of that time
- Knowledge or experiencing in Networking
- Experience in the testing and deploying complex software solutions in a continuous integration and deployment setting
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience with RUM, APM, tracing, monitoring and alerting
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and pick up new technologies
- Highly analytical with a passion for finding solutions to tough problems
- An active communicator and collaborator
- While not a manager role, it is beneficial to have some experience with leadership
- Beneficial to have experience working in the uniquely challenging environment of a scaleup business
Do you feel like you’re able to tackle this role? Show us what you got! We absolutely don’t expect applicants to check off every box for any of our positions, and welcome you to apply if you feel like you are an excellent fit.
Who we are:
RouteThis is a fast-growing tech company that is changing the way ISPs and Smart Home companies handle technical support around the world. Instead of dealing with frustrating, long support calls where agents are unable to accurately identify issues, the RouteThis platform gives technical support teams the answers they need to immediately identify and resolve customers’ issues -- or help customer to solve it themselves before even needing to call.
We are headquartered in the Waterloo Region and our customers are all over the globe. If you want to work on the next generation of network diagnostics that provides a disruptive new approach for tech support teams, you should be working at RouteThis!
• Growth: As a rapidly growing startup, we’re constantly facing new challenges and prefer to promote from within. By working with us, you can jumpstart and shape your career.
• Team: At RouteThis you’ll be working on a highly-motivated team. We have carefully selected who we hire as we are a close team.
• Fun: We host social events both virtual and in person. We believe that work should be fun and engaging.
• Perks & Benefits: We offer competitive salaries, stock options and a comprehensive benefits package.
• Location: Located in the Waterloo-region in downtown Kitchener, we offer flexible work arrangements including hybrid and virtual options.
Please note: We thank all applicants for your interest in RouteThis. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. RouteThis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability and we will work with you to address your needs.