Software Engineer (Front End)
Royal is creating an open market for true ownership of music.
For the first time, artists can share music rights directly with fans, building a new revenue stream that empowers them to retain control over their work.
Music ownership has been limited to labels and private equity groups — a setup that has resulted in only 12% of recorded music revenue going to artists (and 0% going to fans). With royal, artists create more value for their music, powering their career while taking their fans on the journey with them.
This is the beginning of an era where artists and fans see each other as partners. Royal is at the forefront of this movement, developing new technologies leveraging the blockchain to unlock the power of ownership both for artists and fans.
What you'll do at royal
- Ship product with broad scope
- Partner with design on UX strategy
- Lead architecture on your projects
- Create smooth, pixel-fitted experiences for customers
- Craft and invent new workflows and experiences in a new industry
- Build an engineering culture that attracts the most talented people to join us
- Help recruit teammates
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You love tackling big ambiguous problems with a lot of product scope
- You care about all aspects of customer experience
- You can see things from a high level, and dive into the details with equal confidence
- ... and you *really* care about those details
- You want to create brand new experiences
- You can operate autonomously
- You are pro-active and are driven by curiosity
- You can build robust systems on both web and native platforms
- You can handle complexity, but prefer simplicity
Tools we are using today
- React/React Native
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible vacation policy
- 12 week paid parental leave
Royal has an office in Austin, TX and employees located throughout the United States. We value diversity on our team reflecting the diversity of music.
We are crypto natives who have built top consumer tech product, with leaders from Instagram, dYdX, Youtube, Opendoor, Cooley, Andreessen Horowitz and other top technology and music companies. We are musicians, producers, DJs and visual artists.
Royal is well capitalized from leading venture firms Founders Fund, Paradigm, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Atomic and a long list of top angel investors and artists.
- Justin Blau performs as 3LAU and has created over $20 million in music NFTs
- JD Ross co-founded Opendoor (NASDAQ:$OPEN) and was general partner at Atomic Ventures (co-founders of Hims & Hers + over a dozen startups)