Remote / Austin /
Are you passionate about helping artists earn a living and keep control of their work?
Only 12% of the $40 billion of recorded music revenue goes to artists. The rest is taken by intermediaries like record labels, managers, publishers, tech platforms and lawyers.
At royal we are enabling fans to directly invest in their favorite artists, and earn a share of their royalties as they grow. We're building a world where fans and artists are part of a shared journey, with the tools to enable each others’ success and to connect with each other. Let’s rebuild the music industry.
As an early front-end engineers, you'll lead development of consumer-facing experiences. Great design is core to the DNA of royal. You will be a pioneering a new industry, and setting the standard for others to follow as we create a globally-loved consumer platform.
Co-founded by Justin Blau – who performs as 3LAU and has sold over $20 million in NFTs – and JD Ross the co-founder of Opendoor and General Partner at Atomic, royal has raised over $15M in seed funding from top venture capitalists, angel investors and artists.
What you'll do at royal
- Ship product with broad scope
- Partner with design on UX strategy
- Lead architecture on your projects
- Create smooth, pixel-fitted experiences for customers
- Craft and invent new workflows and experiences in a new industry
- Build an engineering culture that attracts the most talented people to join us
- Help recruit teammates
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You love tackling big ambiguous problems with a lot of product scope
- You care about all aspects of customer experience
- You can see things from a high level, and dive into the details with equal confidence
- ... and you *really* care about those details
- You want to create brand new experiences
- You can operate autonomously
- You are pro-active and are driven by curiosity
- You can build robust systems on both web and native platforms
- You can handle complexity, but prefer simplicity
Tools we are using today
- React/React Native
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible vacation policy
- 12 week paid parental leave
We're headquartered in Austin Texas and do have an office to facilitate in-person discussion.
This role is open to remote candidates.