Social Media & Community Manager
Remote / Austin /
Are you passionate about fixing the music industry?
Only 12% of recorded music revenue goes to artists, and 0% goes to fans. The rest is taken by intermediaries like record labels, publishers, tech platforms and lawyers.
Royal is enabling artists to sell ownership in their music to fans instead of corporations, building a deeper connection and allowing fans to succeed alongside them. Fans earn a share of the royalties, which grow as the artist grows in popularity. And artists can offer owners special perks and access that become more treasured as they grow in popularity.
About the role
As a social media & community manager at royal, you will be responsible for crafting our social media posts and supporting our community across multiple channels primarily Twitter, Instagram and Discord.
Things you will be responsible for...
- Create content calendars and post across royal social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Discord to support overall marketing initiates and product updates
- Support our community across various channels answering questions and helping on board new users
- Come up with ideas to support our brand, content and community growth strategies
We'd love to hear from you if...
- A proactive mindset and can do attitude
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A minimum of 3 years experience in social media marketing
- Experience growing and managing communities specifically on Twitter and Discord
- (Bonus) Understanding of decentralized technology and terminology
- Stock options
- Fully covered top-tier medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible vacation policy
- 12 week paid parental leave
Royal has an office in Austin, TX and employees located throughout the United States. We value diversity on our team reflecting the diversity of music.
Royal is well capitalized from leading venture firms Founders Fund, Paradigm, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Atomic and a long list of top investors and artists. We're crypto natives who have built top consumer tech product, with leaders from Instagram, Youtube, Opendoor, Cooley, Andreessen Horowitz and other top technology and music companies. When we're not building we are musicians, producers, DJs and visual artists. Our co-founders:
- Justin Blau performs as 3LAU and has issued over $20 million in music NFTs
- JD Ross co-founded Opendoor (NASDAQ:$OPEN; $15B real estate tech startup) and was general partner at Atomic Ventures (co-founders of Hims & Hers + over a dozen startups)