Remote / Austin /
Are you passionate about helping artists earn a living and keep control of their work?
Only 12% of the $40 billion of recorded music revenue goes to artists. The rest is taken by intermediaries like record labels, managers, publishers, tech platforms and lawyers.
At royal we are enabling fans to directly invest in their favorite artists, and earn a share of their royalties as they grow. We're building a world where fans and artists are part of a shared journey, with the tools to enable each others’ success and to connect with each other. Let’s rebuild the music industry.
Co-founded by Justin Blau – who performs as 3LAU and has sold over $20 million in NFTs – and JD Ross the co-founder of Opendoor and General Partner at Atomic, royal has raised over $15M in seed funding from top venture capitalists, angel investors and artists.
As an early software engineer at royal, you will be a pioneering a new industry and set the standard for others to follow. You will help craft a new globally-loved consumer brand and product.
What you’ll do at royal
- Ship product with broad scope
- Contribute to our centralized & decentralized (web 3.0) platform and architecture
- Data-modeling, system and API design
- Create prototype systems for evaluation, and production systems for scale
- Design, develop and deploy efficient infrastructure for interacting with blockchains
- Build an engineering culture that attracts the most talented people to join us
- Help recruit teammates
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You want to be part of an early team with a lot of new product to build
- You are excited about working with blockchain technologies
- You love tackling big ambiguous problems
- You are detail-oriented, and care deeply about customer experience
- You can see things from a high level, and dive into the details with equal confidence
- You're comfortable creating something from nothing
- You're known to be pro-active and are driven by curiosity
- You can handle complexity, but prefer simplicity
Tools we use today
- AWS (Various)
- Elixir, Phoenix
- React/React Native
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible vacation policy
- 12 week paid parental leave
We're headquartered in Austin, Texas with an office downtown, and this role is open to remote candidates.