Business Operations Manager
Kiev, Ukraine /
Operations – Business Operations /
Remote - Full-time
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app, Hint, with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and we launched a mobile fitness app, Able, this year.
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager to help our fast-scaling business to operate to the best efficiency. Our Business Operations Manager will work cross-functionally and with Senior Leadership to solve our current operations blockers and look way down the line, to foresee anything and everything upcoming that could possibly cause friction. This is a brand new position, reporting directly to COO.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at RL:
- Establish production KPIs and conduct quality assessments ( performance review );
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues when they arise;
- Build processes (BPMN) across departments, establishing guidelines, workflows, templates, and structure.
- Configuration, maintenance, and administration of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira Service Desk). Train and guide team members in administering Atlassian tools.
- Make data-informed decisions and define metrics to measure progress on operations initiatives, provide monthly reports;
- Be responsible for device and password management;
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems. Ensure that all systems are used as efficiently as possible.
- Active ACP-120 or ACP-620 and ACP-200 Atlassian certifications
- 5+ years proven experience as a business operations manager or in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field
- Extensive knowledge of operations management
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience in BPMN modelling.
Nice to have
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT or relevant field
You will be joining a strong team of ~70 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow some of the most exciting astrology and fitness products which will shape the future of how people consume these services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
Kindness is what drives us. By that, we mean the way we treat each other. We make it our mission to choose people who show respect and empathy.
We want everyone to feel included, seen, comfortable, and confident to be themselves. We’ve had the privilege of cherry-picking our team on an international scale and we encourage diversity to gain insight into a range of cultures (and climates!).
We know there’s more to life than work. Our flexible and remote approach allows us to look after ourselves, while still enjoying a job we love.
Every day is a learning curve at Ruby Labs, and we aim to keep it that way. As a start-up, we’re always experimenting. We welcome new ideas and a fresh perspective. If you know something we don’t, then we want to hear it. Learning is ingrained in our culture; every opportunity is a lesson to be learned.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).