Senior Product Owner
London, England /
Remote - Full-time
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and on its track to launch the mobile fitness app in early 2021.
We are looking for a highly experienced and initiative Product Owner to join the RL’s team. A self-driven, energetic, and outgoing professional with a passion for delivering quality software. A person who has strong management skills and experience in product development.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment.
- Communicate with stakeholders across RL to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with company OKRs
- Treat the Product Backlog more like a user story and less like a list of technical requirements
- Ensure that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the RL’s Team will work on next
- Use your deep market knowledge to anticipate problems and needs and address them.
- Take ownership of each step of Product Development inspecting and evaluating Product Progress through each iteration.
- Product Owner with 4+ years in B2C within a high-growth mobile apps start-up or scale-up environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Technical background with knowledge of mobile software development
- Natural whizz with product development software (i.e. Jira / Slack / Figma / Confluence)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – with confidence to present clear, articulate recommendations (and challenges) about all-things Product.;
- In-depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodology
Nice To Have
- BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Work experience as a quality assurance manager
- A/B testing experience
- Experience working with data analytics tools
You will be joining a strong team of ~40 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow one of the most exciting astrology products which will shape the future of how people consume astrology services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
“When we are kind, it is not only good for the object of our kindness; it is also good for our own health and happiness.” Professor Stephen Post, author of “Why Good Things Happen to Good People”
Cultivate a work environment where all team members feel respected, treated fairly, empowered, recognized, safe, and heard—one where they have the opportunity to excel. An environment in which everyone truly feels included.
Work-life balance is the state of equilibrium where a team member equally prioritizes the demands of one's career and the demands of one's personal life.
Constant personal and professional growth. More than just acquiring new skills, it’s about learning from our experiences and seeing failure as a path to success.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).