Lead QA Engineer
Kiev, Ukraine /
Remote - Full-time
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and on its track to launch the mobile fitness app in early 2021.
We are looking for a highly experienced and deeply empathetic Lead QA Engineer to join the RL’s Team. We have significant growth plans, and our ability to deliver delightful, impactful and exceptional product experiences will be paramount to our continued success.
As Lead QA Engineer you will develop and execute sprint, pre-release and regression tests in order to ensure software product quality. Your responsibilities will include estimating, planning and coordinating testing activities, ensuring that quality issues and defects are identified, documented, tracked and resolved.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment.
- Review requirements specifications and design documents
- Create test plans, test suits, and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, document and track bugs
- Perform regression testing
- Present testing results and progress to management team
- Manage risks and issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- 5+ years of experience in software testing
- 2+ years of experience in Test management role
- Previous experience testing mobile applications
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated leadership and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- General working knowledge of QA testing software, QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing test plans and test cases
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently within a fast paced environment with strict deadlines whilst effectively prioritising and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
You will be joining a strong team of ~40 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow one of the most exciting astrology products which will shape the future of how people consume astrology services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
“When we are kind, it is not only good for the object of our kindness; it is also good for our own health and happiness.” Professor Stephen Post, author of “Why Good Things Happen to Good People”
Cultivate a work environment where all team members feel respected, treated fairly, empowered, recognized, safe, and heard—one where they have the opportunity to excel. An environment in which everyone truly feels included.
Work-life balance is the state of equilibrium where a team member equally prioritizes the demands of one's career and the demands of one's personal life.
Constant personal and professional growth. More than just acquiring new skills, it’s about learning from our experiences and seeing failure as a path to success.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).