Moscow, Russia /
Development – Data /
Remote - Full-time
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app, Hint, with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and we launched a mobile fitness app, Able, this year.
We are looking for a data engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our existing data and analytics platform.
The building required data pipelines, job automation, and orchestration for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various data sources using GCP, SQL, Python, Airflow.. technologies and supporting them.
Working with stakeholders, including analytics, user acquisition users, and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing our existing DWH and analytics platform.
- Building and enhancing data pipelines, ETL from various data sources using GCP, SQL, Python, AirFlow and supporting them.
- Collaborating with data analytics, stakeholders
- Evaluating business needs and objectives
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, ETL, Data Modeling and Data Architecture
- Experience in Implementing Concepts of Data Warehousing, Data Mart creations within Cloud.
- Experience with ETL orchestration tools to run ETL workflows like Airflow etc
- Strong knowledge of Python & SQL
- Experience with GCP Big Data products, including BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Cloud Composer, Dataflow, Cloud Storage, and related cloud technologies
- Interest in development in data analytics and data science
Nice to have
- Any Reporting tools experience Tableau, Looker, Grafana, Superset etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
You will be joining a strong team of ~70 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow some of the most exciting astrology and fitness products which will shape the future of how people consume these services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
Kindness is what drives us. By that, we mean the way we treat each other. We make it our mission to choose people who show respect and empathy.
We want everyone to feel included, seen, comfortable, and confident to be themselves. We’ve had the privilege of cherry-picking our team on an international scale and we encourage diversity to gain insight into a range of cultures (and climates!).
We know there’s more to life than work. Our flexible and remote approach allows us to look after ourselves, while still enjoying a job we love.
Every day is a learning curve at Ruby Labs, and we aim to keep it that way. As a start-up, we’re always experimenting. We welcome new ideas and a fresh perspective. If you know something we don’t, then we want to hear it. Learning is ingrained in our culture; every opportunity is a lesson to be learned.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).