Sliema, Malta /
Product - Hint – Chat Ops /
Remote - Full-time
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app, Hint, with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and we launched a mobile fitness app, Able, this year.
We are looking for an efficient and professional Chat Operators to provide astrological advice to our clients. We are looking for someone with experience in astrology or a keen interest in the subject. Knowledge in astrology is not essential as extensive training will be provided. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday on set shift times.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives to create a fast-paced, supportive, and fun working environment.
- Prepare ethical responses to astrology queries;
- Prepare answers by computing the position of the planets, their relationship to each other, and to zodiacal signs, based on factors, such as time and place the subject was born;
- Prepare answers to numerous messages a day and deliver them within the agreed timeframe;
- Communicate clearly and with confidence in a one-on-one situation;
- Write engaging responses giving advice and information based on astrological data;
- Keep up to date on major astrological events and incorporate these into your customer interaction;
- Promote astrology as a professional and responsible subject that exists for the benefit of all;
- Ensure you follow policies and procedures and adhere to targets.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Chat Operator experience of at least one year;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment;
- Compassionate attitude towards customers, who may be sensitive, vulnerable or concerned about what the future may bring;
Nice to have
- Having worked in the past in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- A good understanding of astrological movement and its relevance would be beneficial.
- Previous writing experience.
You will be joining a strong team of ~70 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow some of the most exciting astrology and fitness products which will shape the future of how people consume these services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
Kindness is what drives us. By that, we mean the way we treat each other. We make it our mission to choose people who show respect and empathy.
We want everyone to feel included, seen, comfortable, and confident to be themselves. We’ve had the privilege of cherry-picking our team on an international scale and we encourage diversity to gain insight into a range of cultures (and climates!).
We know there’s more to life than work. Our flexible and remote approach allows us to look after ourselves, while still enjoying a job we love.
Every day is a learning curve at Ruby Labs, and we aim to keep it that way. As a start-up, we’re always experimenting. We welcome new ideas and a fresh perspective. If you know something we don’t, then we want to hear it. Learning is ingrained in our culture; every opportunity is a lesson to be learned.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).