Senior Product Designer - UX
London, England /
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and on we launched a mobile fitness app this year.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer with strong User Experience knowledge to enhance our Product’s digital flow with high quality user oriented design solutions.
As a Product Designer, you will consult with the project team and conduct research, to determine design requirements, design direction, co-create design prototypes and submit concepts from draft and high fidelity work for approval.
To be successful as a Senior Product Designer, you should exhibit experience in scope, plan, and lead UX activities from initial requirements to concept, interaction design and development. Be involved in projects from start to finish – setting the direction, and identifying and solving problems.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment.
- Consulting with the project team and determining product’s preferences and expectations.
- Planning, conducting and analysing research for our existing and in-progress projects.
- Create user journeys, prototypes and wireframes, with a keen eye for detail
- Apply usability heuristics and UX laws in designs and make sure designed solutions do not have any usability issues.
- Able to synthesize primary research, develop insight-driven product strategy, present your ideas and facilitate workshops.
- Helping our teams deliver full documentation, which translates into smooth development.
- Working closely with the senior & junior design team members and development resources.
- Be a part of establishing the look and feel for various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices, and apps.
- 6+ years of experience in creating comprehensive UX strategies for mobile app oriented products.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research and methodology of UX research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills.
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- A portfolio showing your high quality and detailed case studies of your past projects.
- Perfect attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to research and create and evolve product documentation.
- Ability to understand the problem, user pain points and user needs.
- Ability to think that experience is not only a sequence of screens or one flow, but coherent human experience as a whole.
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the design cycle.
You will be joining a strong team of ~50 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow one of the most exciting astrology and fitness products which will shape the future of how people consume these services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
“When we are kind, it is not only good for the object of our kindness; it is also good for our own health and happiness.” Professor Stephen Post, author of “Why Good Things Happen to Good People”
Cultivate a work environment where all team members feel respected, treated fairly, empowered, recognized, safe, and heard—one where they have the opportunity to excel. An environment in which everyone truly feels included.
Work-life balance is the state of equilibrium where a team member equally prioritizes the demands of one's career and the demands of one's personal life.
Constant personal and professional growth. More than just acquiring new skills, it’s about learning from our experiences and seeing failure as a path to success.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).