People Operations Manager
Kiev, Ukraine /
People & Talent – People Operations /
Remote - Full-time
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app, Hint, with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and we launched a mobile fitness app, Able, this year.
We are looking for a trusted People Operations Manager that’s not afraid of scrappy and fast-paced environments. Reporting to the Head of People, this role will be exciting and diverse and you will play a key part in supporting and evolving the special company culture we are building at Ruby Labs.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at RL:
- Work with Head of People on strategic delivery of People initiatives - Employer of Choice, L&D, Mental Health & Wellbeing, Reward & Recognition and more to come including People function and organisational transformational change.
- Being the product owner of our People platform bob, you will have automation in mind to reduce manual touchpoints.
- Lead creation, implementation and evolution of our People processes and policies
- Advice first-time and mid-level managers on effective coaching tools, team member relations, team development and wellbeing
- Analyse People Metrics (Retention, Growth, Turnover, Gender Pay Gap, etc,)
- Be confident preparing reports communicating the results.
- Organisational, departmental and individual goals and OKRs.
- Workforce planning and development Hiring, growing and nurturing the People Operations team.
- Champion team member voice, ensure inclusive continuous feedback culture is promoted (1:1 feedback, surveys, eNPS)
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth remote company
- Experience working in a multinational environment
- Previous experience in People Operations or HR Roles
- Experience in building and leading people operations programs that support teams across the organisation
- Working with or in support of diverse communities
- Working on projects focused on process enhancement
- Experience with HRIS (ours is HiBob) systems & tools
- L&D experience
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Experience with Confluence & JIRA
You will be joining a strong team of ~70 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow some of the most exciting astrology and fitness products which will shape the future of how people consume these services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
Kindness is what drives us. By that, we mean the way we treat each other. We make it our mission to choose people who show respect and empathy.
We want everyone to feel included, seen, comfortable, and confident to be themselves. We’ve had the privilege of cherry-picking our team on an international scale and we encourage diversity to gain insight into a range of cultures (and climates!).
We know there’s more to life than work. Our flexible and remote approach allows us to look after ourselves, while still enjoying a job we love.
Every day is a learning curve at Ruby Labs, and we aim to keep it that way. As a start-up, we’re always experimenting. We welcome new ideas and a fresh perspective. If you know something we don’t, then we want to hear it. Learning is ingrained in our culture; every opportunity is a lesson to be learned.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).