Product Owner - FinTech
Toronto, Ontario /
Full Time Permanent
We are building new digital infrastructure for the mortgage industry. We transform traditional lenders into Fintechs, and our platform gives banks and their teams the tools they need to shine. We use data and design to improve customer journeys, reimagine the borrowing process, and arm lenders with the analytical capabilities that will drive their digital transformations.
You will be joining a diverse and tight-knit team that has been building enterprise lending systems for a decade, and was the founding technology team at Borrowell. Our company culture is high performing, respectful, trusting and we like to laugh, a lot. We take pride in our work, thrive on credibility, and celebrate our successes.
We want someone who knows FinTech and is skilled at: product discovery, roadmap, daily hands on support to the teams, managing multiple stakeholders (internal & external), and feature prioritization
About the Opportunity
- We are looking to hire a Product Owner who will play a pivotal role in expanding and elevating our underwriting platform - from ideation through to delivery
- Create and maintain a clear Product Roadmap by working with Stakeholders to develop a strategy that will deliver against their needs while moving our product forward
- Assessing all inputs - including client requirements, user feedback, and strategic objectives - to determine the path to maximizing value
- Collaborating closely with Engineering and technical leads to champion quality
- Ensure each iteration delivers expected result - working closely with the development team to define, design, accept and adapt features
- Serve as the internal/external subject matter expert on the product – act as primary contact for product related questions
- Answering questions as they arise, and acting as a bridge between the client-facing and cross-functional development teams
- You will work with our Business Development and Strategy team to combine their expertise with market analysis, financial trends and customer needs to discover & develop new product features
- You will collaborate with various internal stakeholders across business and technology teams, leveraging their domain expertise and your own product management skills to deliver a product roadmap.
- You will partner with our client-facing teams to advise on solutions for cross-client needs
- You will lead your product scrum team through their agile ceremonies, and partner with your team's Business Analyst to create good user stories and help the team understand the impact of their work
What does this look like?
Who will you work with?
- Experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager ideally from a FinTech background
- You’ve worked with agile/scrum teams, building and shipping technology products that customers love
- You’re comfortable leading large cross-functional initiatives with significant technical complexity
- You have an agile mindset - you believe in the importance of data & analysis - especially in a B2B setting, but you also realize that the best way to validate something is to ship it, learn from it and iterate on it.
- You're digitally savvy (sorta pun intended). You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You have enough technical know how to hold a productive conversation with developers
- Communication, prioritization, problem solving, creativity, accountability and pattern recognition are your strengths
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Savvyy
SAVVYY is a team of seasoned technology and financial services professionals with a successful track record of building enterprise lending systems. We pride ourselves on open communication, trust and respect. We work hard and work smart, bring a positive outlook to our work and have fun while doing it!
SAVVYY is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Join us and build something incredible!
Please note that due to the sector we support the selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check.