Director of Quality Engineering
Toronto, Ontario /
Full Time Permanent
We are building new digital infrastructure for the mortgage industry. We transform traditional lenders into Fintechs, and our platform gives banks and their teams the tools they need to shine. We use data and design to improve customer journeys, reimagine the borrowing process, and arm lenders with the analytical capabilities that will drive their digital transformations.
You will be joining a diverse and tight-knit team that has been building enterprise lending systems for a decade, and was the founding technology team at Borrowell. Our company culture is high performing, respectful, trusting and we like to laugh, a lot. We take pride in our work, thrive on credibility, and celebrate our successes.
About the Opportunity
- Help product teams improve and achieve higher levels of quality more productively
- Recommend and drive improvements in overall best practices around testability, quality and productivity.
- Track gaps in quality, and productivity metrics. Work with other engineering teams to improve gaps from this data
- Publish and socialize the progress of Quality Engineering initiatives
- Work across engineering to inject testing earlier into the software development process
- Drive retrospective and improvements that impact Quality Engineering
- Recruit QAs and QA Engineers
- Help QAs, QA engineers and developers grow their skills and experience
- Research and advise teams on new technology and tools in the Quality Engineering space
- Passionate about shipping high-quality software
- Experience defining high-level test automation strategy
- Experience driving organizational change with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong experience with UI & API test automation tools
- Experience leading Quality focused SLA driven metrics across the Engineering organization
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (ex. Azure Devops Pipelines)
SAVVYY is a team of seasoned technology and financial services professionals with a successful track record of building enterprise lending systems. We pride ourselves on open communication, trust and respect. We work hard and work smart, bring a positive outlook to our work and have fun while doing it!
SAVVYY is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Join us and build something incredible!
Please note that due to the sector we support the selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check.