Auto Policy Services Specialist
Remote, CA /
Customer Experience /
Just Insurance is a revolutionary tech start-up, looking to disrupt the US auto insurance industry. Our vision is to dramatically improve road safety, while also making car insurance more fair and affordable to millions of people. At the core of our groundbreaking product is our app, which is super simple to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms.
It’s not only us that believes in this vision. We’ve just closed a $5.7m Seed round including three significant VCs (ManchesterStory - Large Insurance VC, Crosscut Ventures - Leading LA-based VC, and Plug and Play - Large Tech VC who invested in Facebook at their inception.)
We're gearing up for our Series-A funding round and expansion next year and are looking to grow our exceptional team.
Find out more: www.just.insure
Our insurance world is constantly changing and this role is an important part of driving and managing that change. The Auto Policy Services Specialist will interact with, oversee and manage policy-holder book of business. The ideal candidate will have an insurance background in underwriting and policy services or claims, with solid technology skills. In addition, the position will require strong customer service skills and the ability to develop and maintain superior internal and external relationships. Prior experience with an insurance carrier in a policy service type call center, claims, underwriting department, and an understanding about end to end auto policy management requirements is preferred. The position has the flexibility of working virtually during COVID, with some office time during training and as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain discipline to company policies and guidelines on new policy adherence.
- Builds, maintains and manages successful vendor relationships to achieve outstanding customer service results and customer retention.
- Answers telephone or written inquiries from clients regarding coverage, rating, billing procedures, and host of policies and service orientated matters.
- Works effectively in a team environment with other Just accounting, technology and claim teams.
- Determines acceptability of new and renewal business per the company's rules and guidelines using information gathered from insured, motor vehicle records, outside vendors, photos, and other sources.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
Skills you bring to us:
- 5+ years insurance carrier experience in a position of independent authority.
- 2+ years of direct customer interaction with a focus on service and problem solving.
- Experience in auto insurance underwriting practices and regulations.
- High proficiency with the underwriting process which includes risk selection, risk analysis, compliance, coverage, documentation & service of accounts.
- Strong teamwork capabilities including demonstrated success in building, maintaining and managing successful internal and external relationships.
- Ability to learn and understand Actuarial fundamentals, including loss trends and ratemaking.
- Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Strong multi-tasking skills to effectively manage a busy desk.
- Results orientation, entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen, self-motivation and strong ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to learn different computer programs and software applications. Working knowledge of software applications (i.e., Google suite)
- Must be able to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Proven Customer Management skill set
- Negotiation, relationship building & influence skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and focus on quality
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, in an exciting company that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are exceptional, passionate about making a difference and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.