Los Angeles, CA /
Just Insurance is a revolutionary tech start-up, looking to disrupt the US auto insurance industry. Our vision is to dramatically improve road safety, while also making car insurance more fair and affordable to millions of people. At the core of our groundbreaking product is our app, which is super simple to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms.
It’s not only us that believes in this vision. We’ve just closed a $5.7m Seed round including three significant VCs (ManchesterStory - Large Insurance VC, Crosscut Ventures - Leading LA-based VC, and Plug and Play - Large Tech VC who invested in Facebook at their inception.)
We're gearing up for our Series-A funding round and expansion next year and are looking to grow our exceptional team.
Find out more: www.just.insure
Just is rapidly growing and we are looking for a qualified Senior Accountant to join our Global Finance team, mostly based in the US. This role can be located anywhere in the United States, as the majority of the team work remote. We are looking to hire someone with exceptional knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry from a carrier and US GAAP. Software-wise, we use Sage Intacct, though if you have any other enterprise grade ERP experience, that is great too.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead month-end closing activities, including prepare detailed and well supported journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, variance analysis, consolidation and financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform transfer pricing, intercompany transactions, allocations, eliminations and multi-consolidation using Sage Intacct system.
- Support quarterly and annual statutory reporting and other regulatory reporting and filings.
- Manage all accounting files, records, and schedules.
- Prepare and provide support for the audit schedules for external audit.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Ensure compliance with internal control policies.
- Support budget and forecast
- Work with Data Science/Engineer and play an important role in developing and testing various financial/accounting data and reports
- Supporting in preparing tax returns, VAT returns, regulatory filings
- Actively participate in identifying and making improvements to Accounting / Finance related workflows.
What skills you bring to us:
- CPA preferred, 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Industry Exposure: Insurance experience is required.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing start-up company is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with general accounting, month-end close procedures, eliminations and consolidations, controls, internal reporting & analytics, and working with external auditors
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and Statutory rules for P&C insurance; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues and conclusions
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, accuracy, ability to work independently and multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong and clear communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent Excel/spreadsheet skills, competency with MSWord and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player, works well within a group, happy to take on responsibilities outside your role when needed
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand the business
From a personal point of view, we're looking for someone who is innovative, collaborative and has passion for what they do. You'll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from day one. Our team is extremely talented, focused and energized. Make no mistake, we are the A-team. We're looking for other members who can cut it.
Our office is in Brentwood, Los Angeles and promote flexible working. We start at 8:00 to align with our London, UK team a little better. We believe in work-life balance, and as such, you'll get your birthday and the days between Christmas and New Year's off, in addition to your 20 days vacation allowance. Your compensation package is made up of salary, health insurance and a generous share options package.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, in an exciting company that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are exceptional, passionate about making a difference and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.