Chief Marketing Officer
Los Angeles, CA /
Just Insurance is a revolutionary tech start-up, looking to disrupt the US auto insurance industry. Our vision is to dramatically improve road safety, while also making car insurance more fair and affordable to millions of people. At the core of our groundbreaking product is our app, which is super simple to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms.
It’s not only us that believes in this vision. We’ve just closed a $5.7m Seed round including three significant VCs (ManchesterStory - Large Insurance VC, Crosscut Ventures - Leading LA-based VC, and Plug and Play - Large Tech VC who invested in Facebook at their inception.)
We're gearing up for our Series-A funding round and expansion next year and are looking to grow our exceptional team.
Find out more: www.just.insure
The newly created Chief Marketing Officer will help build, shape and own the brand and go to market strategy. At its heart, this role needs to help Just find its identity and voice as we gear up for Series-A and US expansion. We're looking for a proven leader, who has experience achieving sub-$150 CACs in the US Auto Insurance industry, and is excited about building a consumer brand for a growing business that could serve millions of people.
What you'll do:
- Build and shape the Just brand for Series A and beyond
- Define and execute channel strategies - with a focus on measurement and analysis
- Deliver consistent channel growth and performance improvements against key metrics and company targets
- Produce multi-year forecast and channel analysis to identify opportunities and constantly optimize CACs and LTV
- Develop segmentation and personalization strategies based on customer profiling, purchase cycle and churn analysis
- Develop regional marketing strategies based on customer behavior and regulatory requirements
- Own the marketing budget and manage all budget allocation across all channels
- Build the performance marketing infrastructure, such as reporting, and processes necessary to support growth
- Lead the marketing, sales, design and user research teams
- Manage relationships and contracts with agencies and other partners
- Work closely with other departments and fellow senior management
What we're looking for:
- Deep understanding of the Auto Insurance market, it's distribution channels and effective hooks for customers
- Proven track record of sub-$150 CACs for an US Auto Insurer
- Successfully built a trusted consumer brand
- Successfully scaled customers numbers - with target CAC and LTV
- Deep understanding of marketing analytics and implemented such a platform
- 10 years+ insurance marketing experience either at a carrier or agency
- Managed a marketing team (5+ direct reports)
- Produced and owned sales and marketing forecasts
- Managed multi-million dollar sales and marketing budget
- Influential and inspiring leader
- Highly effective communicator
- Previous experience working in a high growth B2C company or start-up
- Enjoy a challenge with a can-do attitude
- Strong creative drive
- Agility to understand the trade-offs between perfection and ‘good-enough’
- Understanding of customer behaviors
From a personal point of view, we're looking for someone who is innovative, collaborative and has passion for what they do. You'll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from day one. Our team is extremely talented, focused and energized. Make no mistake, we are the A-team. We're looking for other members who can cut it.
So that's what we need, what about what we can offer you.
You'll have the opportunity to be part of turning us into the next insuretech unicorn. Your efforts will help us to prove our unit economics and set us up for Series A and US expansion. This is the moment to make an impact and make a name for yourself in the industry. These opportunities don't come along often.
Our office is in Brentwood, Los Angeles and promote flexible working. We start at 8:00 to align with our London, UK team a little better. We believe in work-life balance, and as such, you'll get your birthday and the days between Christmas and New Year's off, in addition to your 20 days vacation allowance. Your compensation package is made up of salary, health insurance and a generous share options package.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, in an exciting company that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are exceptional, passionate about making a difference and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.