Associate Level Data Analyst
Los Angeles, CA /
Data Science /
Just Insurance is a revolutionary tech start-up, looking to disrupt the US auto insurance industry. Our vision is to dramatically improve road safety, while also making car insurance more fair and affordable to millions of people. At the core of our groundbreaking product is our app, which is super simple to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms.
It’s not only us that believes in this vision. We’ve just closed a $5.7m Seed round including three significant VCs (ManchesterStory - Large Insurance VC, Crosscut Ventures - Leading LA-based VC, and Plug and Play - Large Tech VC who invested in Facebook at their inception.)
We're gearing up for our Series-A funding round and expansion next year and are looking to grow our exceptional team.
Find out more: www.just.insure
We score how our customers drive using telematics data, gathered from our app running on their smartphones, to determine an individual price per mile for each customer. Our vision is to ingest and interpret ever-more data sources, including contextual data and audio and video data, to improve driver safety, lowering the risk of accidents and the cost of insurance. Our data science platform and strategy are critical to achieving this mission. Your role will be key to providing this capability.
What You'll Do
- Build out dashboards and reports to support decision making and business unit workflows across the company.
- Analyze user data and design experiments to figure out the most effective messages and visualizations to help drivers drive more safely.
- Help communicate complex risk scoring and pricing systems to regulatory, legal, and business stakeholders.
- Help architect and maintain data governance processes to ensure our data satisfies rigorous accuracy and privacy standards.
What we're looking for:
- An experienced mid-to-senior level Data Analyst
- B.A. in a quantitative field, e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, etc.
- Substantial exposure to the insurance industry and concepts
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in cross-functional Analytics roles
- Experience building and maintaining dashboards and analytical reports
- Deep understanding of statistics and experimental design
- Experience of going through an aggressive phase of growth
- Strong programming skills particularly in Python/SQL
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform especially Big Query
From a personal point of view, we're looking for someone who is innovative, collaborative and has passion for what they do. You'll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from day one.
So that's what we need, what about what we can offer you.
You'll be joining a highly talented, focused, and energetic team of data scientists, analysts, software engineers, and other stakeholders working closely and collaboratively together.
During the pandemic we are 100% remote. While we will consider applicants outside of Los Angeles, during normal times we believe in collaborative working and prefer candidates who are able to come into our Brentwood office 5 days a week. We start at 8:30am to align with our London office a little better.
We believe in work-life balance, and as such, you'll get the days between Christmas and New Year’s off, in addition to your 20 days vacation allowance.
Your compensation package is made up of salary, benefits and a generous share options package.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, in an exciting company that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are exceptional, passionate about making a difference and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.