Commercial Finance Director
Los Angeles, CA
Finance Team /
SKIMS is a solutions-oriented brand creating the future of underwear, shapewear, and loungewear.
We are disrupting the industry with our game-changing product and culturally driven creative and are looking for a Director of Commercial Finance to join us in building the next generation of intimates.
The Director, Commercial Finance, will play a key leadership role, working closely with senior management to achieve the company’s growth and profitability objectives. Responsibilities are focused on strategic business planning, financial planning and analysis, and cross-functional partnership and leadership, to enable the sustainable, profitable scaling of a fast-growing business. The ideal candidate is a collaborative, result-oriented leader with extensive financial planning experience within the retail industry.
· Partner with the Chief Commercial Officer to drive and execute Mono-brand & Multi-brand strategies
· Provide financial and analytical leadership for long-range planning initiatives including supporting the Multibrand and Monobrand annual operating and 3-Year strategic financial plans in partnership with key commercial leaders
· Develop financial models that reflect an aligned approach between business imperatives, investment/capital expenditure strategy and profitability goals
· Prepare retail store pro-forma P&Ls and scenario analysis, in service of the brand’s retail expansion strategy
· Evaluate new multibrand partnerships and prepare partner pro-forma and actual P&Ls, including informing the negotiation of partner terms & conditions and new business models
· Develop rolling financial forecast including revenue, margin and operating expenses; as well as analyze key drivers of actual performance versus forecast/budget. Drive high level of accountability and ownership with commercial business leaders on performance management.
· Partner with the Planning function in managing inventory planning & forecasting for the Multibrand and Monobrand channels
· Support preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly financial business reviews and other reporting for the senior leadership team and Board of Directors, including strategic/business insights and progress against key performance measures.
· Identify opportunities to elevate existing processes & tools to support long-term, sustainable growth
· Perform ad hoc analysis as needed to assist in management decision making
· 4-year degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics; Graduate degree preferred
· 7 – 10+ years of experience in Retail Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis, Business Planning, Management Consulting, or similar experience
· Previous experience in the retail industry is highly desirable
· Strong analytical skills and strategic modeling experience as well as demonstrated business acumen; Keen problem solving with a high level of intellectual curiosity, ability to dive deep, find solutions and deliver results
· Solid experience with key financial planning tools and systems as well as Microsoft Office skills including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint
· Executive presence, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), with the ability to clearly communicate and present to senior management
· Strong cross-functional business partnership, working as a trusted thought partner in supporting key business decisions and enabling strategic initiatives which help improve the organization’s financial performance
· Experience driving alignment on a common vision of success with key stakeholders to drive near and longer-term business results
· Strong track record of process implementation and transformation with a continuous improvement mindset
· Passionate, high-energy, and impactful team-player with ability to navigate a fast-paced environment
$160,000 - $180,000 a year
Benefits and Culture
· 100% Company Paid Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
· Kind Body Fertility Benefits
· 401(k) savings plan with up to 4% match
· Unlimited PTO
· Full Access to LinkedIn learning
· Employee Discounts
Perks (HQ Location)
· Free weekly catered lunch at HQ – M/W/Th
· Dog-Friendly office
· Free Swag Giveaways
· Annual Holiday Party
· Annual Summer Party
· Invitations to pop-ups and other company events
· Complimentary daily office snacks and beverages
SKIMS is committed to continuously creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates, reflective of the rich diversity of the communities we serve. Equitable workplaces foster innovation and excellence, and in our commitment to culture of belonging qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.