Field Application Scientist - EMEA
Scale Biosciences, Inc. (“ScaleBio”) is an early-stage life sciences technology and tools company developing advanced single-cell solutions based upon the Company's highly parallelized way to barcode cells which allows for exponential scalability. Our mission is to democratize scalable, easy-to-adopt, extensible, cost-effective single-cell applications across a broad range of systems and sample types within the Life Sciences community.
At ScaleBio we have a shared mission built upon a demonstrated technology with long term investment commitments and R&D facilities in San Diego and Bay Area, CA. We are seeking team members that have a passion for developing technologies that benefit the broader researcher community in the discovery of human biology. Such individuals should also have a strong interest in single-cell sequencing as a disruptive and enabling technology.
We are in search of a Field Application Scientist located in the UK to that will support the evaluation, adoption, and support of our planned single cell sequencing product offerings. In this role, as the scientific and technical liaison for collaborators, partners, and customers, you will serve as the voice of the customer and act as a liaison between our product R&D team, product management, and sales team.
What You'll Do:
- Train end users on ScaleBio products and applications; partner on success, ease of adoption and protocol compliance.
- Work closely with internal market and product development teams, serve as Voice of Customer to inform on the design, development, and validation of on market and new product concepts.
- Educate and support external product development collaborators, early access customers, and partners in the evaluation and validation of the Company’s planned product offerings.
- Develop best practices and infrastructure for customer support: revise training documents with common Q&A, maintain tracking methods for customer troubleshooting tickets, revise/develop technical presentations.
- Build out new customer training materials for commercial products.
- Pre- and post- sales technical presentations.
- Travel up to 75%
- BS or MS in Sciences, PhD preferable.
- Strong foundation in molecular biology and genetics.
- Experience and /or familiarity with genomics technology and NGS.
- Experience or familiarity with genomic assay development and kit-based protocols.
- 3-5 years relevant academic or commercial life sciences tools experience.
- Strong customer focus with ability to troubleshoot molecular biology for a variety of single cell applications.
- Basic bioinformatics knowledge, especially pertaining to single cell data analysis.
- 1-2 years hands on single cell experience through lab or previous FAS position.
Below is the salary range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, experience, and country and region.
Base Salary Range - $70,000 - $90,000 USD
ScaleBio provides competitive compensation and benefits and an exciting and innovative culture with the opportunity to enable a novel single cell technology. To learn more please visit our website www.scale.bio. ScaleBio is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.