San Diego, CA /
Customer Development /
Scale Biosciences, Inc. (“ScaleBio”) is an early-stage life sciences technology and tools company developing advanced single-cell analysis solutions based upon the Company's patented split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing technology, to enable scalable, easy-to-adopt, extensible, cost-effective single-cell experiments so make single-cell sequencing across a broad range of systems, sample types and applications accessible to the larger research community.
Our founding team are the key inventors of split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing methods and share a common mission develop, democratize and make accessible this important technology for the broader research community to support broad range of applications including Epigenomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, and Multi-omics. We have a strong Board, Advisors, and Management Team with a collective proven track record in building successful life sciences tools companies and a growing passionate, multi-disciplinary, diverse team of scientists, engineers, bioinformaticians and software developers.
We have a shared mission, patented and demonstrated technology, long term investment commitments and R&D facilities in San Diego and Bay Area, CA. We are seeking people that have a passion for developing technologies and tools that benefit the broader researcher community in the discovery of human biology, have a strong interest in single-cell sequencing as a disruptive and enabling technology and see the potential for our patented split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing methods.
We are seeking an Applications Scientist to work with our customers and partners to demonstrate our single-cell sequencing solutions in key application areas. Reporting to our product and applications management team you will use your scientific and analytical acumen and understanding of customer requirements to showcase the effectiveness and utility of our single cell products.
What You'll Do:
- Work with cross-functional partners to identify potential collaborations, datasets, and methods that can expand the use of single-cell technologies.
- Perform, analyze, and present experiments showcasing single-cell technologies.
- Work with commercial partners to develop external-facing collateral.
- Work successfully with both internal and external researchers to expand our portfolio of single-cell applications.
- Present work internally and externally at conferences and meetings.
- PhD with a focus on molecular biology, immunology, oncology, genetics, or related field. Additional industry experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis including purification, amplification, labeling, hybridization etc.
- Experience with sample preparation (e.g. isolation of cells from complex tissue, flow cytometry, cell enrichment methods, etc) required.
- Experience in drawing biological findings from large biological data sets.
- Experience in developing new methods/protocols in diverse sample types.
- Experience with single cell technologies and ability to analyze sequencing data is a plus.
- Proven track record of scientific drive and productivity in executing experimental plans.
- Demonstrated ability to become a subject matter expert in new fields.
- Collaborative, open and self-aware, team player.
- Motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, and organized individual.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with scientists and non-scientists.
Below is the salary range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience.
Base Salary Range - $90,000 - $140,000 USD
If you desire to be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary team with a shared mission to develop great products for researchers we'd like to meet you. For more information about ScaleBio, please see our website, www.scale.bio. ScaleBio offers you a unique opportunity to play an important role in the development, democratization, and commercialization of our advanced single-cell analysis technology. ScaleBio is in its formative stages and desires to foster a great culture built upon shared core values. ScaleBio strives to provide competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401K retirement saving plan. ScaleBio is an equal opportunity employer and intends to develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary workplace.