Director, Advanced Research
San Diego, CA /
Advanced Research /
Scale Biosciences, Inc. (“ScaleBio”) is an early-stage life sciences technology and tools company developing advanced single-cell analysis solutions based upon the Company's patented split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing technology, to enable scalable, easy-to-adopt, extensible, cost-effective single-cell experiments so make single-cell sequencing across a broad range of systems, sample types and applications accessible to the larger research community.
Our founding team are the key inventors of split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing methods and share a common mission develop, democratize and make accessible this important technology for the broader research community to support broad range of applications including Epigenomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, and Multi-omics. We have a strong Board, Advisors, and Management Team with a collective proven track record in building successful life sciences tools companies and a growing passionate, multi-disciplinary, diverse team of scientists, engineers, bioinformaticians and software developers.
We have a shared mission, patented and demonstrated technology, long term investment commitments and R&D facilities in San Diego and Bay Area, CA. We are seeking people that have a passion for developing technologies and tools that benefit the broader researcher community in the discovery of human biology, have a strong interest in single-cell sequencing as a disruptive and enabling technology and see the potential for our patented split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing methods.
We are seeking passionate, driven scientific professionals for leading the company's technology roadmap and vision. In this role, reporting to the VP of R&D, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team of assay scientists, engineers, bioinformatics, and chemists to develop the company's single-cell RNA and multi-omics product. To be successful you will have relevant experience in leading and building teams, defining research and product concepts and translating them into specific goals, and working with internal and external collaborators to develop groundbreaking products.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and build a team across assay research, engineering, bioinformatics, and chemistry.
- Develop research roadmap for novel single cell assay technologies for next-generation sequencing with a focus on single cell RNA profiling and multi-omics.
- Coordinate product requirements and translate into specific research goals to ensure products meet customers’ expectations.
- Identify creative solutions to problems and actively participate in improving methods.
- Have responsibility for planning, tracking, and driving timely execution of research activities.
- Write reports and present results and project assessments to team and management.
- Work with external collaborators through early access programs to validate research product.
- Ph.D. education in engineering, chemistry, molecular biology, genetics, genomics, or related field.
- Strong ability to lead and develop a multi-disciplinary research team across assay research, chemistry, engineering, and bioinformatics.
- 5+ years of experience in research with an emphasis on developing single-cell analysis methods and workflows.
- Experience and knowledge with next generation sequencing and genomics technologies.
- Project management capabilities to take product concept to working prototype.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking in a commercial setting.
- Solid understanding of timelines and budgeting necessary for product research.
- Excellent communication skills & team worker.
If you desire to be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary team with a shared mission to develop great products for researchers we'd like to meet you. For more information about ScaleBio, please see our website, www.scale.bio. ScaleBio offers you a unique opportunity to play an important role in the development, democratization, and commercialization of our advanced single-cell analysis technology. ScaleBio is in its formative stages and desires to foster a great culture built upon shared core values. ScaleBio strives to provide competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401K retirement saving plan. ScaleBio is an equal opportunity employer and intends to develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary workplace.