Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer
San Diego, CA
Scale Biosciences, Inc. (“ScaleBio”) is an early-stage life sciences technology and tools company developing advanced single-cell analysis solutions based upon the Company's patented split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing technology, to enable scalable, easy-to-adopt, extensible, cost-effective single-cell experiments so make single-cell sequencing across a broad range of systems, sample types and applications accessible to the larger research community.
Our founding team are the key inventors of split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing methods and share a common mission develop, democratize and make accessible this important technology for the broader research community to support broad range of applications including Epigenomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, and Multi-omics. We have a strong Board, Advisors, and Management Team with a collective proven track record in building successful life sciences tools companies and a growing passionate, multi-disciplinary, diverse team of scientists, engineers, bioinformaticians and software developers.
We have a shared mission, patented and demonstrated technology, long term investment commitments and R&D facilities in San Diego and Bay Area, CA. We are seeking people that have a passion for developing technologies and tools that benefit the broader researcher community in the discovery of human biology, have a strong interest in single-cell sequencing as a disruptive and enabling technology and see the potential for our patented split-pool barcoding and combinatorial indexing methods.
As a Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer, you will be the technical expert on analysis software within a multidisciplinary team. We are looking for someone with experience leading software projects and developing genomics analysis workflows, who is excited to take a new technology all the way from internal prototypes to external software that can scale to unprecedented numbers of samples and cells.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement analysis tools for ScaleBio single cell genomics methods.
- Develop algorithms, models, and visualizations for huge multi-model single-cell datasets.
- Manage the release, validation and support of analysis software for new single-cell assays and applications.
- Engage with external collaborators on the validation of new products and novel applications for very high-throughput single-cell technologies.
- Identify creative solutions to problems and actively participate in improving methods from the lab, through analysis to the final application.
- Present projects and results to the team, customers, and the wider scientific community.
- Advanced degree in computational biology, computer science, or related discipline.
- 4+ years professional experience with genomics software development.
- Experience with professional software development methods.
- Experience working with cloud computing systems.
- A track record of designing and implementing novel algorithms and analysis workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to become an expert in new fields and work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with scientists and nonscientists.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with complex sequencing datasets, including gene expression or epigenetics.
- Experience with single-cell sequencing technology and analysis methods.
- Background in statistical and machine-learning methods for large datasets.
Below is the salary range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience.
Base Salary Range - $135,000 - $175,000 USD
If you desire to be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary team with a shared mission to develop great products for researchers we'd like to meet you. For more information about ScaleBio, please see our website, www.scale.bio. ScaleBio offers you a unique opportunity to play an important role in the development, democratization, and commercialization of our advanced single-cell analysis technology. ScaleBio is in its formative stages and desires to foster a great culture built upon shared core values. ScaleBio strives to provide competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401K retirement saving plan. ScaleBio is an equal opportunity employer and intends to develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary workplace.