Project Manager - California
Los Angeles, CA /
Project Execution – Project Execution /
We are looking for a hands-on Project Manager to drive exciting and innovative microgrid projects in various locations across the West Coast, reporting to our Vice President, Execution. You need to be based in California, ideally between Fresno and LA, and be prepared to travel to sites within the region and to our offices in Oakland and Santa Monica when needed.
- Serve as the project manager for individual microgrid construction projects for our customers from contract signature to commissioning.
- Ensure our internal company functions (i.e., Business Development, Engineering, Service) are aligned throughout the project execution process.
- Prepare project schedules, operating rhythms, and sequence of operations to ensure all stakeholders (Customers, subcontractors, Material/ Equipment vendors, and local regulatory agencies) are informed and engaged.
- Evaluate and manage 3rd party agreements and relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Drive pre-construction activities including take-offs, bid solicitation, bid review, subcontractor negotiations, and building final project budgets.
- Track project costs and schedules to ensure the project is delivered on time and on target.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts and develop and implement viable solutions.
- Inform the build-out of our Project Management function to keep pace with our company’s rapid growth.
The Ideal Candidate
- This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a fast-paced, private equity-backed growth business. For you to be successful in the role, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Management, general contracting, logistics, engineering, energy industry or military experience.
- An understanding of building codes and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- The initiative and ability to work autonomously and be comfortable representing SMS in customer-facing situations.
- Some experience with logistics or project management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field is preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.