Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA /
SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to the 100M Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help people break the cycle of debt and realize their financial potential.
Unlike most startups in this space, who create tweaks on existing products, we're trying to re-imagine financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
About the role
SeedFi is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the team and play a big part in shaping our customer acquisition and account center experiences. You'll own the end-to-end experience and take products from brainstorms to final designs. You will use your strong creative problem solving, relentless curiosity, and analytical skills to help design and build a transparent and effective platform for people to build credit, save money, and better themselves financially. You're someone that cares about our mission and wants to use your skills to make a real difference in people's lives.
What you'll be doing
- Brainstorm with the team to help shape the strategy and mechanics of a product or experience and help to develop language to explain potentially complex concepts.
- Create demos and prototypes via wireframes, sketching, or whatever means necessary to share ideas and explore solutions.
- Usability testing online and with real customers to validate ideas and share those findings with the team.
- Develop final designs through an iterative process of informed updates and testing.
- Work with engineers to ensure the final output is what was intended and meets SeedFi's product standard of excellence.
- Stay in touch with the customer experience by watching FullStories, listening to phone calls, digesting data from the analytics team, and reading support emails.
You'll be working with the product, engineering, legal, and leadership teams to help create a transparent and cohesive experience for customers.
What we're looking for
- You're a seasoned designer that has been a part of a few teams already. You've seen products go right, and probably go wrong. You might have 5+ years of experience.
- You're creative, analytical, and curious.
- You have a strong visual design background and can probably make something great with only a few key elements. You're someone who can work within the SeedFi brand but also help to develop and extend it as needed.
- You know what's possible on the web, iOS, and Android. You know how products are built and can understand developers and how they work. You may have some coding experience yourself, or you may have plenty of experience working with developers and answering questions they have.
- You're comfortable with having a few projects at one time.
- You're a wonderful communicator and maybe a bit of a poet when it comes to writing product copy.
- Someone excited to help make a real difference in peoples lives. Someone who's going to take pride in their work and love contributing to SeedFi as much as we do.
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: Oportun, Moat, and Prosper.
- Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
- We have offices in San Francisco and New York. We are just now starting to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in office and remote time. Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities. We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely. Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.