Sr. Analyst, Advanced Marketing Analytics
NYC or SF /
SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to improving the financial well-being of the 100 million Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help our customers realize their financial potential by providing responsible credit while helping them establish savings and improve their credit profiles
Unlike most startups in this space, which tweak existing products, we're re-imagining financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
About the Role
The position will be responsible for driving key technology and modeling developments associated with marketing analytics in the credit and lending sector. This person will use sophisticated statistical techniques to conduct analysis against large volumes of data. The ideal candidate must be comfortable solving business problems by analyzing large datasets, proactively communicate ideas and opportunities, and will contribute to the growth and development of the analytics team.
What you'll be doing
- Mine and analyze customer & marketing data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Help develop predictive Marketing Mix model to forecast and optimize business outcomes.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets, including but not limited to Marketing Mix, Attribution and Experiential Models
- Create effective data visualization to illustrate critical insights and analysis
- Generate audience, campaign and market insights to inform segmentation and business strategy.
- Contribute to the Marketing department’s overall capabilities and understanding of our communications channels.
What we're looking for
- 2-3 years’ experience required in data science or advanced analytics; experience in consumer lending strongly preferred.
- Bachelors in Quantitative or Science Discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Information Systems Preferred)
- Hands on experience with of modeling techniques such as Regression, Exponential Smoothing, ARIMA, Decision Tree, Random Forest etc.
- Proficiency in SQL required, R or Python strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience with forecasting, customer segmentation, forecasting and optimization in the lending space required. Functional understanding of consumer credit risk preferred.
- Strong expertise in Excel required. (Complex formula & data automation skills required, VBA coding preferred)
- Experience working with Analytical software and systems such as Tableau, AWS, DBT
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: CapOne, Marcus, BlueVine, Oportun, and Prosper.Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
We have offices in San Francisco and New York. We have started to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in-office and remote time. Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities. We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely. Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.