Senior Product Analyst
New York, NY /
SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to the 100M Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help people break the cycle of debt and realize their financial potential.
Unlike most startups in this space, who create tweaks on existing products, we're trying to re-imagine financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
About the role
As a Senior Product Analyst at SeedFi, you'll build and manage the analytics that help our product and business functions scale. You will work closely with senior leaders across the company to identify product opportunities, create tracking metrics, deliver key insights to answer impactful business questions, and deliver world-class financial products to our customers. You will use your strong analytical skills, relentless curiosity, and creative problem solving to optimize our acquisition, improve conversion and retention, and expand our business to help us provide better financial products for people who need it.
What you'll be doing
- Deep-dive into key business questions to understand the customer experience, how customers interact with our products, and what opportunities to pursue to help reach our goals
- Work with senior leadership across the company, such as Marketing, Risk, Operations, and Finance, to understand their analytical needs, create dashboards to help inform decision making, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to help answer time-sensitive questions from business leaders
- Track customer acquisition, onboarding A/B tests, and present results to Product Management
- Develop product and funnel analysis reports to track/monitor KPIs using SQL and data-visualization tools
- Work with Engineering to set up new data sources, build infrastructure to capture key metrics, and create standardized data definitions to improve our analytical structure
- Manage our data enablement tools, such as Heap and FiveTran
- Understand our customer touchpoints and help improve communication
What we're looking for
- Desire to improve financial health for struggling Americans and strong appreciation for the customer experience
- Ruthless problem-solving, deep curiosity, and an eye for optimization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Ultimately we're looking for this person to lead and manage the analytics of a specific product function and process, leading stakeholder management and projects from end-to-end
- Skilled at understanding unstructured data and business problems and creating organized solutions
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools strongly preferred
- Bonus points if you have experience with a scripting language
- 2-5 years experience working in an analytical business role
- Extra credit if you've done this at startup or in the Financial Services space
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: Oportun, Moat, and Prosper.
- Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
- We have offices in San Francisco and New York. We are just now starting to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in office and remote time. Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities. We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely. Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.