Manager, Collections Strategy
New York, NY /
SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to improving the financial well-being of the 100 million Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help our customers realize their financial potential by providing responsible credit while helping them establish savings and improve their credit profiles.
Unlike most startups in this space, which tweak existing products, we're re-imagining financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
About the role
As a manager on the risk team working on collections, you’ll have the opportunity to create our collections strategy, including segmentation, testing, and all sorts of policies. The ideal candidate will enjoy digging into data, identifying insights, building strategies, and driving positive outcomes for our customers and our company.
What you'll be doing
- Independently lead the design and build-out of a multi-channel collections strategy that both lowers losses and maximizes customer experience.
- Analyze internal and external data to derive insights and continually optimize our segmentation and policies.
- Work closely with Operations to implement strategies that enhance customer, agent, and financial outcomes.
What we're looking for
- Desire to improve financial health for struggling Americans and make a real difference in people’s lives.
- 5+ years’ experience working in an analytical business role and prior experience in collections strategy and hardship/workout programs.
- Broad-based knowledge of collections regulatory requirements.
- Strong experience with analytical coding languages, such as SQL or Python.
- A deep sense of intellectual curiosity with a focus on results, as you create collections policies across novel lending products.
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: CapOne, Marcus, BlueVine, Oportun, and Prosper.
- Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
- We have offices in San Francisco and New York.
- We are starting to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in-office and remote time.
- Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities.
- We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely.
- Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.