NYC or SF /
SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to improving the financial well-being of the 100 million Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help our customers realize their financial potential by providing responsible credit while helping them establish savings and improve their credit profiles
Unlike most startups in this space, which tweak existing products, we're re-imagining financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
What you'll be doing
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of SeedFi.
- Grow your team by coaching and developing engineers and by attracting and hiring top talent.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of SeedFi’s engineering management team.
- Obsess about the architectural design, implementation, and quality of the work your team produces
What we're looking for
- Experience managing teams that have delivered a great product with strong foundations.
- Engineering management experience that includes effectively recruiting, mentoring, and retaining great people.
- Strong track record of running teams that deliver projects of significant complexity and high levels of ambiguity.
- The ability to work cross-functionally, think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- A strong product mindset and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, low-ego, and high-growth environment; you work well with all kinds of personalities and with teams across multiple geographies.
- Someone who thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Technical knowledge to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions.
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience.
We’re entering a high-growth phase of our business and this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we scale our initial products and build new financial products from scratch. Our product ambitions are endless. Our team is small and ships quickly. Come help us build something great.
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: Oportun, Moat, and Prosper.
- Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
We have offices in San Francisco and New York. We have started to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in-office and remote time. Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities. We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely. Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.