Senior Talent Sourcer
NYC or SF /
SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to improving the financial well-being of the 100 million Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help our customers realize their financial potential by providing responsible credit while helping them establish savings and improve their credit profiles
Unlike most startups in this space, which tweak existing products, we're re-imagining financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
About the role
Our Talent Team is looking to hire a Senior Talent Sourcer (TS) to help us build and optimize a best-in-class talent function. In addition to overseeing sourcing for all departments, the Senior TC will be a key player in improving our day-to-day talent acquisition processes and tools to maximize hiring efficiency, help craft a positive candidate experience, and assist with talent ops and other ad hoc responsibilities. This is a chance to become an early member at SeedFi and the second hire on a growing talent/people/HR team.
What you'll be doing
- Own and optimize our sourcing processes across the company.
- Serve as a day-to-day resource of the talent team, helping to solve problems, address bottlenecks, and reporting trends to the Head of Talent.
- Manage information in our ATS (Lever) and act as secondary admin for all our recruiting tools.
- Assist Head of Talent in researching, testing, and implementing new tools for scheduling, sourcing, assessments, posting jobs, and onboarding.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders while having the confidence to hold them accountable for process adherence.
- Lead select talent ops projects (e.g. reporting on scheduling metrics, tracking candidate data, overseeing new/current programs, etc.)
- Help improve candidate experience, onboarding, and new hire orientation.
- Assist with the management of our swag program.
- Contribute to the documentation of our Talent/PeopleOps/HR processes.
What we're looking for
- 2-4 years experience as a Sourcer, Coordinator, or Recruiter.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills and experience working closely with leadership in a start-up environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills - you can fix last-minute issues without missing a beat and you can anticipate issues before they arise.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, and independently sort through ambiguity to make quick, educated decisions.
- A high degree of ownership, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Eagerness to learn with an interest to grow your career in Talent Acquisition, PeopleOps, and/or HR.
- Experience with Lever, Gem, Scheduling Tools (Calendly, GoodTime), and G-suite strongly preferred.
- You'll have the chance to contribute to the development of our talent acquisition, people ops, and HR functions from the ground floor, and you'll be an early member of a rapidly growing fintech start-up with unique and innovative products that are helping the lives of millions!
What makes this role unique?
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: Oportun, Moat, and Prosper.
- Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
We have offices in San Francisco and New York. We have started to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in-office and remote time. Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities. We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely. Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.