NYC or SF /
Data & Analytics /
SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to improving the financial well-being of the 100 million Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help our customers realize their financial potential by providing responsible credit while helping them establish savings and improve their credit profiles
Unlike most startups in this space, which tweak existing products, we're re-imagining financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
About the role
As a BI Analyst for Finance, you’ll be part of a team focused on detailed visibility into the financial products that help our customers. This visibility allows us to work efficiently, respond in detail to exceptions, and ultimately get more funds into the hands of Americans who need it. We are scaling fast, manual workflows and Excel based reporting just won’t cut it!
You’ll apply your passion for automation to replace spreadsheet based reports and processes with automated BI tools. You’ll build analysis that allows Finance and BI teams to quickly identify exceptions and discrepancies out of an ever growing portfolio. You’ll improve confidence and trust from our partners with timely, accurate, and detailed information.
What you'll be doing
- Develop automated reporting and tools that allows the team to focus on exceptions and outliers.
- Reduce manual work and build confidence in our numbers both internally and with capital markets partners.
- Deep dive into exceptions, discrepancies, and outliers. Iteratively reduce exception space over time.
- Things will change fast and often. Accurately adapt our reports/tools to minimize uncertainty and thrash.
- Improve and refine the DBT models that drive our work.
- Design tests, validations, and refinements to catch issues quickly and allow us to respond accurately.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years experience working with Finance teams as an BI analyst or developer.
- SQL focused skill set, with a track record of turning manual workflows into queries and code.
- Advanced to expert SQL experience with a track record of turning manual workflows into queries and code.
- Proven ability to drill down to details and to communicate your findings in an accurate, positive, and collaborative way.
- Sincere ambition to improve financial health for struggling Americans and strong appreciation for the customer experience.
- Experience with all or most of our stack: PostgreSQL, DBT, Redash, Tableau.
- Python, Airflow, and/or Prefect experience not required but a big plus.
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: Oportun, Moat, and Prosper.
- Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
We have offices in San Francisco and New York. We have started to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in-office and remote time. Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities. We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely. Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.