Technical Support Analyst
New York /
Customer Success /
Who We Are
Selfbook is a comprehensive payment infrastructure platform designed to help customers pay for their hotel reservations seamlessly and securely. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing booking engines, we simplify the booking process, securely verify transactions, and provide a unified payment flow aligned with leading partners across the hospitality ecosystem, including SynXis, SevenRooms and Mindbody.
By empowering hotels to accept one-click payments and drive more direct bookings, we are revolutionizing the hospitality industry one hotel at a time. The modern traveler’s answer to effortless hotel bookings, Selfbook is the future of travel.
About the Role
The company bringing hotel bookings into the 21st century, Selfbook is looking for a Technical support analyst with experience in customer support, QA, and technical documentation. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to grow the family of world-class hotels using Selfbook to simplify their payment and booking systems.
Your job will be to collaborate with the various teams around the organization, document incidents, and escalate based on the situation, setting up a proper process for managing clients' feedback. In short, you will contribute to Selfbook’s rapid growth and expand the network of hotels making bookings easier than ever before.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is passionate about the best customer experience, has the ability to communicate expectations, and understands the important role customer success plays in an organization. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
You’re Right for the Role If…
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support, Desktop Support, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
What You’ll Do
- To update and document external client issues
- Make sure issues are resolved and communicated based on the SLA stipulated in the agreement with the client.
- To perform analysis and determine client problems, and document these issues
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- To perform root cause analysis either on-site with the QA team or with the client agency.
- To assist customers by performing analysis of various issues relating to content update, bugs, and issues on the SDK, API issues.
- To maintain error logs in coordination with DevOps team, and to maintain resolution reports, too
- To offer recommendations — based on various metrics — on how to improve the support process in its entirety.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Act as a buffer between the support team and the client, to identify real issues from wrong expectations or 3rd party related issues.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged, and identify repeated issues across customers.