UI/UX Frontend Engineer
United States /
Who We Are
Selfbook is a comprehensive payment infrastructure platform designed to help customers pay for their hotel reservations seamlessly and securely. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing booking engines, we simplify the booking process, securely verify transactions, and provide a unified payment flow aligned with leading partners across the hospitality ecosystem, including SynXis, SevenRooms and Mindbody.
By empowering hotels to accept one-click payments and drive more direct bookings, we are revolutionizing the hospitality industry one hotel at a time. The modern traveler’s answer to effortless hotel bookings, Selfbook is the future of travel.
About the Role
The company bringing hotel bookings into the 21st century, Selfbook is looking for a creative and passionate mid-level Front-End Engineer. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to grow the family of world-class hotels using Selfbook to simplify their payment and booking systems.
Your job will be to work on front-end related tasks including creating a UI kit based on Figma designs, following a modular and reusable approach, documenting all the UI components for other engineers to use in the product, and creating smooth animations and transitions. Our tech stack is built on React, HTML, CSS, AWS, MongoDB, and more.
Our ideal candidate is sharp, enthusiastic, and believes in our mission to fundamentally disrupt the status quo in the hospitality industry. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
● Own the UI kit library and utilize it for new features (different booking components)
● Own and deliver guest & hotel partner-facing features
● Work closely with the design team to translate Figma design comps into HTML, CSS, etc.
● Work closely with our existing Back-End Engineers, and be proactive about suggesting new solutions and recommendations to existing solutions
● Work with engineers across other teams to maintain the integrity and reliability of the platform
● Translating design comps into HTML, CSS, etc.
● Teach peers about new tricks, methodology, and standards
You’re Right for the Role If…
● You have 2+ years of experience with web application frameworks (React, HTML, CSS..)
● You’re a problem solver and have the ability to evaluate technical approached to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
● You can clearly and effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
● You have experience with development best practices such as A/B testing and continuous integration
● You have experience with server-driven UI architectures, patterns, and API design
● You possess strong project scoping and project management skills
● You have experience working with Payment gateways (Spreedly, Stripe, PayPal, etc)
● You have a solid understanding of data structures and the ability to articulate trade-offs
● You have experience with StoryBook (not mandatory)
● You have familiarity with ADA compliance development
Equal Employment Opportunity
SELFBOOK Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.