Product Manager, Payments
Los Angeles /
Who We Are
Selfbook is a comprehensive payment infrastructure platform designed to help customers pay for their hotel reservations seamlessly and securely. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing booking engines, we simplify the booking process, securely verify transactions, and provide a unified payment flow aligned with leading partners across the hospitality ecosystem, including SynXis, SevenRooms and Mindbody.
By empowering hotels to accept one-click payments and drive more direct bookings, we are revolutionizing the hospitality industry one hotel at a time. The modern traveler’s answer to effortless hotel bookings, Selfbook is the future of travel.
About the Role
The company bringing hotel bookings into the 21st century, Selfbook is looking for an experienced Product Manager with expertise in payment/fintech. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to grow the family of world-class hotels using Selfbook to simplify their payment and booking systems.
Your job will be to work closely with the lead engineer to lead a team of developers to build our PSP (payments services provider). You will manage the development team and product itself, as it gets built and scales. In short, you will contribute to Seflbook’s rapid growth and expand the network of hotels making bookings easier than ever before.
Our ideal candidate is creative, enthusiastic, and believes in our mission to fundamentally disrupt the status quo in the hospitality industry. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
Please note: we are currently only looking for candidates in LA or willing to relocate.
What You’ll Do
● Manage a team of developers to build this new and exciting product for Selfbook
● Act as the product lead starting from day 1 through launch and maintenance
● Scope and plan the product roadmap for launch and beyond
● Partner with the lead engineer on all product details on a daily basis
● Understand the intricacies of project management
● Own JIRA from task creation to completion
You’re Right for the Role If…
● You have 3+ years of project management experience
● You’re a problem solver with the ability to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
● You have experience working with Payment gateways (Spreedly, Stripe, Finix, etc)
● You have knowledge of or experience with digital wallets (ApplePay, GooglePay, AliPay, PayPal, etc)
● You have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior stakeholders
● You have experience scaling and maintaining high-traffic production systems
● You have extensive experience with JIRA
● You have extensive experience with Agile development methodologies
● You have strong project scoping and project management skills
● Payments experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
SELFBOOK Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.