Software Engineer, Payments
United States /
Who We Are
Selfbook is a comprehensive payment infrastructure platform designed to help customers pay for their hotel reservations seamlessly and securely. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing booking engines, we simplify the booking process, securely verify transactions, and provide a unified payment flow aligned with leading partners across the hospitality ecosystem, including SynXis, SevenRooms and Mindbody.
By empowering hotels to accept one-click payments and drive more direct bookings, we are revolutionizing the hospitality industry one hotel at a time. The modern traveler’s answer to effortless hotel bookings, Selfbook is the future of travel.
About the Role
Your job will be to work on back-end related tasks including: setting all payment related integrations, payment gateways, security and fraud detection, payment verification and authorization, helping scale industry-changing products, and taking our infrastructure to the next level as we gear towards building a PSP (Payment Service Provider). In short, you will contribute to Selfbook’s rapid growth and expand the network of hotels making bookings easier than ever before.
Our ideal candidate is sharp, enthusiastic, and believes in our mission to fundamentally disrupt the status quo in the hospitality industry. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
● Build and maintain a fast, secure, and highly resilient payment platform written in Ruby.
● Integrate our platform with partners to expand capabilities
● Evaluate, identify, and define improvements to the existing infrastructure
You’re Right for the Role If…
● You have 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
● You’re a problem solver and are able to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
● You have experience with Agile development methodologies
Nice to Haves
● Professional Ruby development experience
● Experience with payment systems
● Experience building high performance platforms and APIs
● Project management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
SELFBOOK Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.