Director of Engineering (LA/NY Only)
United States /
Who We Are
Selfbook is a comprehensive payment infrastructure platform designed to help customers pay for their hotel reservations seamlessly and securely. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing booking engines, we simplify the booking process, securely verify transactions, and provide a unified payment flow aligned with leading partners across the hospitality ecosystem, including SynXis, SevenRooms and Mindbody.
By empowering hotels to accept one-click payments and drive more direct bookings, we are revolutionizing the hospitality industry one hotel at a time. The modern traveler’s answer to effortless hotel bookings, Selfbook is the future of travel.
About the Role
The company bringing hotel bookings into the 21st century, Selfbook is looking for an Engineering Manager with expertise in leading a development pod and a passion for building a next-generation hotel booking platform. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to grow the family of world-class hotels using Selfbook to simplify their payment and booking systems.
Your job will be to lead a team of engineers while collaborating closely with our product owners. We are looking for someone who is a strategic problem-solver, with excellent communication skills, and has a solid foundation in software engineering with an excellent ability to translate business logic into engineering requirements. Our tech stack is built on Ruby/Rails, AWS, Digital Ocean, MongoDB, and more.
Our ideal candidate is sharp, enthusiastic, and believes in our mission to fundamentally disrupt the status quo in the hospitality industry. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
Please note: we are currently only looking for candidates in LA/NY or willing to relocate
What You’ll Do
- Onboard/Train new engineers
- Drives execution by organizing teamwork, setting goals, and holding the team accountable
- Gauge progress of various projects, and create update reports
- Oversees project troubleshooting, logistics, and resource allocation
- Upholds a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffsCoordinating work with other managers
- Create and document processes
- Collaborate with stakeholders including customers, product managers, and others in the development and execution of the team’s roadmap
- Communicate strategy, rationale, and progress within the team and to external stakeholders
You’re Right for the Role If…
- You have a strong Fintech and Payment background, with a deep understanding of the low-level architecture and policies
- You possess strong organizational leadership skills
- You have experience in recruiting engineers
- You have extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- You have a good understanding of agile methodologies
- You have excellent project management skills
- You have prior experience managing engineers at Venture-backed or large scale startups
Equal Employment Opportunity
SELFBOOK Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.