Senior Front-End Engineer
New York, NY /
Who We Are
Uniquely positioned at the intersection of fintech and hospitality, Selfbook transforms hotel bookings and payments from the inside out. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing technology systems, Selfbook enhances what matters most to hotels, including direct bookings, payments, and security. Built by a team of creative technologists and avid travelers, our products provide a refreshingly effortless user experience for guests and hoteliers alike. Selfbook is committed to empowering hotels worldwide with modern e-commerce solutions tailor-made for our industry.
Our culture and values are built around our motto - “People. Product. Profit.” We believe that our people-first approach and diverse workforce are strengths that power our business to success by ensuring that each and every one of our employees feels seen and valued and, in turn, can contribute to our industry-shaping innovations.
About the Role
Your job will be to build new frontend products/features, maintain existing products and collaborate with existing team members and other teams to ensure success and meet high standards of quality. In short, you will contribute to Selfbook’s rapid growth and expand the network of hotels making bookings easier than ever before.
Our ideal candidate is sharp, enthusiastic, and believes in our mission to fundamentally disrupt the status quo in the hospitality industry. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Own Selfbook frontend architecture.
- Own and deliver guest & hotel partner-facing features.
- Evaluate, design, and implement software solutions to help development teams be more effective at delivering high-quality products to Selfbook’s customers.
- Review business requirements and ability to perform a technical analysis of requirements and participate in the estimation process.
- Design complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of broad scope and solve well-defined problems with little guidance.
- Providing technical coaching/management to other engineers and support personnel; recognized as an expert user of critical technology.
- Mentor the team on writing clean, high-quality, solid, readable code that scales.
- Follow industry-standard agile software design methodology for development.
You’re Right for the Role If…
- You are a clear communicator with positive energy, continuous learning, and ready to build your best work.
- You’re a problem solver and have the ability to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions.
- You have collaborative energy and ability to work well in teams.
- You have familiarity with ADA compliance development
- You have experience with development best practices such as A/B testing and continuous integration.
- You have experience with server-driven UI architectures, patterns, and API design.
- You possess strong project scoping and project management skills.
- You have experience working with Payment gateways.
- You have a solid understanding of data structures and the ability to articulate trade-offs.
Nice to Haves
- You have 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with payment systems
- Experience building high-performance platforms and APIs
- Project management skills
Specific Technologies used in the Selfbook frontend architecture
- React, Redux. Redux-saga, and JQuery
- CSS frameworks like Sass, Less, TailwindCSS, and Styled components
- AWS, CI/CD pipelines
- Git, Yarn
- Competitive Pay
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K Match
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term-, long-term disability, and FSA
- 24-week parental leave
- Remote/virtual work environment
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement
- One-time Work from Home setup reimbursement
$150,000 - $180,000 a year
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we’ll consider your experience and other job-related factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Selfbook Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.