US - Remote /
SilviaTerra helps mission-driven companies buy carbon credits from American forest owners. Based on a decade of work with America's largest landowners, our data-driven platform brings gigatons of new carbon offsets to market. Our mission is to work with every forest owner to unlock the full value of every acre.
Read more in this TechCrunch feature article about SilviaTerra.
We are backed by some of the world’s leading VC firms who were early investors in companies like Twitter, Etsy, Kickstarter, and Coinbase. Our global team of foresters, scientists, and technologists hails from leading research institutions and high growth technology startups.
We are looking for passionate, collaborative, and entrepreneurial individuals to join the team. If you like fast-paced environments and want to help us build the future of forestry, then we’d love to speak to you!
Forests are beautiful, and we believe SilviaTerra’s web experiences should be as well. SilviaTerra is built on terabytes of geospatial data, and it’s a uniquely visual challenge to showcase how that information can be used to change the way we interact with forests. In past efforts, we’re done some scrollytelling, we’ve been featured in Microsoft Focus Forests, but there is much more we could be doing to tell a geospatial story.
With the Natural Capital Exchange (NCAPX), we’re really building a platform that hasn’t existed in the past - and with that comes additional challenges around user education. We’re building for folks ranging from small forest landowners to the largest corporations on earth looking to make a climate impact, and we need your help!
This is a remote position.
- Working with the rest of the engineering team to make the NCAPX Landowner Platform a clear and delightful experience for landowners of all sizes. Wireframing, user research, and nitty-gritty details on everything from user onboarding to menu navigation.
- Building dashboards and tools that show carbon buyers exactly where their climate impact is, and give them easy ways to share this with the world.
- Developing SilviaTerra’s design language and common front end components in a reusable way so the rest of the team can build beautifully too - even when you’re on vacation!
- Geospatial storytelling: leveraging our Basemap data to show the current state of forests across the world, and how our actions today could change their future.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years work experience in building great web experiences: React / CSS / HTML
- Collaborative rapid prototyping through Figma, InVision, or another platform you love and are excited about sharing with us
- Bonus: prior work with data-heavy graphs and dashboards, geospatial data, something in the ecological / nature space, or have been a part of a growing startup in previous work
- Comfortable working remotely with necessary travel for company meetings.
SilviaTerra is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.