Business Development Manager
Simpl is India’s leading 1-tap checkout network meant to make payments invisible and money intelligent. It is committed to the simplification and democratization of digital transformation in the payments space.
As India’s foremost consumer experience platform, Simpl is on a mission to empower merchants to build trusted relationships with customers, one transaction at a time. With more than 26,000+ available merchants and millions of trusted users pan-India, Simpl envisions creating an inclusive digital payment experience for India that empowers and fosters trust between merchants and their customers.
Simpl proves a full-stack solution for e-commerce conversion. It enables merchants to give customers 1-tap checkout, buyer protection, and a pay-later facility to allow them to feel safe and trusted when shopping online. Through Simpl, merchants can provide consumers with an easy, secure, and intuitive user experience.
About the Role:
Business Development Manager’s role is to help drive Simpl’s future growth engine - Simpl Checkout product, that is built to offer trusted relationships between D2C merchants and their customers. Simpl checkout improves conversions, reduces share of COD and RTO and offers post purchase and brand discovery experiences for D2C brands.
The BD manager crafts the acquisition strategy for his portfolio, tailors the proposition basis the prospects, engages in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including Founders, Growth heads, etc. As a BD manager, you get excited about prospecting and are capable of independently leading a sales cycle end to end. You develop a high-level understanding of different industries and use learnings across deals to identify the right partner ecosystem to build.
1) Work with Sales Ops to define and build healthy pipeline of prospective partners
2) Engage with partners at various levels across functional and technical aspects
3) Drive special deal terms and negotiations with partners to optimize collaboration
4) Help develop partnership strategies to align with the product and business goals
5) Source, structure, and negotiate deals with partners in pursuit of these broader goals. Manage multiple partners simultaneously at various stages of the sales cycle
6) Understand partner’s strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to product and engineering stakeholders
1) 4 to 8 years of work experience, preferably working at or with fintech, consumer technology, B2B, or equivalent.
2) A track record of developing high-impact partnerships with significant internal and external dependencies
3) Strong negotiation skills and experience
4)Strong commercial and product instincts with demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
5) Proven track record of identifying and evaluating new strategic opportunities with partners
6) Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills