Senior Frontend Engineer (Fully Remote)
COVID-19: telehealth is now a necessity and our platform and services are helping medical providers adapt. As such, Sitka is experiencing a surge in demand and continuing to scale the team.
Sitka provides doctors and patients on-demand access to our network of specialists through our unique technology platform. With Sitka, patients receive personalized video reviews of their medical data from experts. Our platform allows patients and their doctors to consult with specialists easily and quickly, usually with turnarounds of hours instead of weeks.
We believe meaningful improvement in medicine requires new systems enabling convenient, conversational workflows between patients and their physicians, not tedious and documentation-heavy processes. As such, we integrate our platform deeply into complicated health systems so that providers can leverage our specialists easily and make better clinical decisions over video.
As a small, fully-remote startup, there are no big-company cog-in-the-machine roles. Everything and everyone matters, so we hire with that in mind. We value diversity, not just because building services for diverse populations requires a diverse team, but because we personally feel it's the right thing to do.
About the job
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our small but growing engineering team of 7, and join us on our journey to help patients and their doctors unlock access to specialty expertise. The ideal candidate is someone who has deep expertise building products as a frontend engineer, values ownership, and is excited about frequently shipping features that lead to better patient care.
- You've built real-world applications with React and Redux.
- You understand modern web architecture - how the pieces fit together, how to build robust and reliable services, how to manage complexity as a service grows.
- You have experience over the development process from initial conversations with a customer or product manager to launch.
- You have experience solving problems with plenty of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- You like learning new things, and teaching what you know to others.
- You care about building an engineering culture based on diversity, respect, recognition and trust.
- You’re a Full Stack™ engineer -- however you want to define that.
- You’ve worked on complicated, multiparty workflow systems.
- You’ve dealt with HIPAA and survived with your sanity intact (intactness of sanity is strictly optional).
- You’ve built systems on AWS.