Senior Product Designer (Fully Remote)
Portland, OR /
COVID-19: telehealth is now a necessity and our platform and services are helping medical providers adapt. As such, Sitka is experiencing a surge in demand and continuing to scale the team.
Sitka provides doctors and patients on-demand access to our network of specialists through our unique technology platform. With Sitka, patients receive personalized video reviews of their medical data from experts. Our platform allows patients and their doctors to consult with specialists easily and quickly, usually with turnarounds of hours instead of weeks.
We believe meaningful improvement in medicine requires new systems enabling convenient, conversational workflows between patients and their physicians, not tedious and documentation-heavy processes. As such, we integrate our platform deeply into complicated health systems so that providers can leverage our specialists easily and make better clinical decisions over video.
As a small, fully-remote startup, there are no big-company cog-in-the-machine roles. Everything and everyone matters, so we hire with that in mind. We value diversity, not just because building services for diverse populations requires a diverse team, but because we personally feel it's the right thing to do.
About the job
We’re looking for our first Product Designer to join us on our journey to help patients and their doctors unlock access to specialty expertise. The ideal candidate is someone who loves crafting intuitive and beautiful solutions that are a joy to use, and shipping features weekly that impact our business goals and lead to better patient care.
- Identifying pain points, gaps and opportunities through user interviews and by working with user-facing teams (Support, Clinical, Implementation, Account Management)
- Driving the design process through ideation, concept development, validation, wireframing, prototyping, and final design (in quick, iterative cycles)
- Using journey maps, user flows, and system diagrams to think and communicate ideas that impact the end-to-end user experience
- Crafting user journeys that connect the dots between user needs, data, business goals, and clinical insight
- Collaborating closely with product and engineering to execute solutions
- 6+ years of experience turning complex problems into engaging design solutions
- At least 4 years of experience working within an in-house product team, owning the evolution of an existing product (startup experience preferred)
- A preference for shipping and are willing to make hard tradeoffs in order to get features in the hands of users
- Experience over the design process from concept development to launch
- Experience interviewing patients and communicating the findings to drive alignment and action
- Strong conceptual thinking that balances user needs, business goals, and clinical insights
- Experience at an early stage company and ability to work independently