Freelance Web Copywriter
Remote, United States
Creative – Copywriting /
SmartBug Media is the full service digital agency of choice for organizations looking to create resilient growth across the entire customer lifecycle. From marketing to sales, revenue operations to customer success, and e-commerce to integration, SmartBug combines sound strategies and technology with top talent to de-risk the future and set the course for continued success. As a fully remote team of over 300 professionals, we believe in delivering exceptional work without compromising work/life balance, no matter where you are. Recognized globally, we've made the Inc. 5000 list seven times, the Adweek 100 four years running, and won numerous Comparably awards for our culture and leadership. We're not just HubSpot's highest-rated partner worldwide but also a two-time HubSpot NA Partner of the Year and proud Elite Partner. Add to that our Master Elite partnership with Klaviyo and our proud partnerships with Shopify and Google.
**Only U.S. based candidates will be considered as we are not currently hiring internationally**
This position acts as the brand journalist on a portfolio of web redesign projects, working directly with the client and the project management team to create award-winning content for the client. The web copywriter is key in conceiving and delivering UX-driven, SEO-informed web content. The web copywriter will primarily write web copy for small- to mid-sized B2B marketing websites but may also write various content, including emails, landing pages, blogs, and other miscellaneous copy.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work --This is a freelance/hourly position. Some flexibility in schedule is allowed, but the contractor must be available during typical business hours for their time zone Monday through Friday.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize your ability to translate client strategy into creative, compelling copy
- Translate UX strategy and direction into effective web content
- Attend or synthesize interviews with clients and subject matter experts
- Execute the client’s brand voice, tone, and messagingFollow wireframes or templates to align copy and word counts to the design
- Edit copy for style, grammar, logic, flow, and repetition, and to ensure it’s on strategyConduct in-depth research to learn new subjects or industries as neededSupport your team to make sure deadlines are met
- Work with the project team collaboratively
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/AnalysisCollaboration
- SkillsTeamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
What You'll Need-- Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field or related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience writing web copy for a variety of clients and industries.
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and experience incorporating keywords into web content.
- Experience aligning copy to fit wireframes and/or page designs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience writing about B2B topics in an agency setting.
- Experience working in a content management system (CMS) like HubSpot or WordPress
- Familiarity with web design software such as Figma
- Experience working remotely in similar roles
$40 - $50 an hour