Technical Support Specialist
Merchant Experience – Support /
In a world of beeps and clicks, Smile reminds us there is a human on the other side of every screen. Smile is the largest provider of loyalty programs in the world. We currently power over 60,000 rewards programs, reaching more than 500 million customers. Right now we’re working on expanding our product to support the massive growth of e-commerce.
Above all, we strive to make people happy - from the merchant to their consumer, to our own team. The Smile team is globally distributed with employees in Canada, the USA, South America, EMEA, and APAC. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" in Canada and look forward to expanding this on a global scale. As a business, we are in constant evolution and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth. We talk about our career & personal goals and lean into the diversity within our people for mentorship, tools, and encouragement to grow.
About the Team:
The Merchant Experience (MX) Team is all about prioritizing our merchants. We're currently in search of an experienced Technical Support Specialist to join our dedicated Technical Support team. In this role, we're not just looking for technical expertise; we need someone who excels in communication, both written and spoken.
In this role, you'll be the go-to expert for untangling the more intricate and technical issues our merchants face while navigating the Smile platform and we're counting on you to be the bridge between our users and our Engineering team. When things get tricky, you'll be liaising with our Engineers for escalations, ensuring that complex issues are addressed promptly and efficiently.
What We’re Looking for:
- You’re a highly technical self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You have excellent written communication skills and can translate technical concepts into user-friendly explanations for our merchants, as well as communicate effectively and proactively with your teammates. (We primarily use Slack, Notion and Google Meet).
- You have the ability to creatively problem-solve and improvise in ambiguous situations. We value common sense with a bias towards action.
- You can context switch, delving into varying degrees of complexity in issues and support requests over the course of a day.
- You love talking to people and always put the merchant first - whether it be via email, chat or phone, your people skills and empathy shine through.
- You have a desire to be the voice of our merchants at Smile. You’re keen to help influence product changes and build resources to help our merchants learn all there is to know about Smile.
- You’re comfortable working 8am-4pm EST. Our merchants are world-wide and we are looking to expand our current coverage to ensure we provide the best support to them.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with our merchants through email, chat and occasionally phone conversations. Troubleshoot technical issues, and work with our Product team to escalate necessary issues while effectively owning the solution and necessary follow up.
- Create internal and external support documentation (help.smile.io) about Smile and strategy to help merchants make the most of their rewards program.
- Collect and share valuable User Experience feedback from our merchants for product improvements.
- Engage and collaborate with a remote team spread across the world.
What you’ll help us achieve:
- 5-star Shopify app store generation, meeting or exceeding individual target quota. This is crucial for this role.
- A team Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) score of 90% or better.
- Internal efficiency. Ask the right questions to uncover the root of any issue/query and respond rapidly.
- Clean internal conversation flow that fosters a positive merchant experience and sentiment.
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Smile welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.