All Locations /
Merchant Experience – Support /
In a world of beeps and clicks, Smile reminds us there is a human on the other side of every screen. Smile is the largest provider of loyalty programs in the world. They power the loyalty programs for over 40,000 eCommerce merchants, which have rewarded over 100 million people. These user numbers are growing rapidly, especially with the recent acceleration of eCommerce worldwide.
Above all, we strive to make people happy - from the merchant to their consumer, to our own team. The Smile team is globally distributed with employees in Canada, the USA, South America, EMEA, and APAC. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" in Canada and look forward to expanding this on a global scale. As a business, we are in constant evolution and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth. We talk about our career & personal goals and lean into the diversity within our people for mentorship, tools, and encouragement to grow.
Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. Find the solution that creates the most competitive advantage for our merchants, regardless of their source. Celebrate everyone’s wins as if they were our own and go out of our way to give others recognition.
Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions, and learn every day. Our drive to help others keeps us committed to infinite learning and taking initiative when no one is watching. We welcome ambiguity as it is an opportunity to leave our mark and understand autonomy and accountability go hand in hand.
Be Human - show empathy towards others, and consider the impact of your decisions on others. We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career & personal goals. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools, and encouragement you need to grow.
About the Role:
As part of the Live Chat team, you’ll be the first point of contact for both prospective and tenured merchants running their loyalty programs with Smile. You will be expected to quickly handle a high volume of conversations, triaging those conversations to determine if you can help yourself, or if you need to smoothly escalate the conversation to another Smile support team. We are looking to hire for this role with a focus on career development into a technical support role. This means that candidates who can demonstrate technical competency with things like SQL, or other coding languages/libraries, will have some preference in the hiring process. This being said - we are always looking for Live Chat rockstars, so if you do not have that level of technical ability, please still do apply!
What success in this role looks like: Be the first point of contact for both current and prospective Smile merchants, handling a high volume of conversations with accuracy. Help prospective merchants articulate the value of Smile. Ability to delegate escalations effectively through concise internal communication. Build trust, empathize, and delight merchants by setting the standard for what exceptional support looks like. Contributions to Live Chat team initiatives (Internal SOPs, Knowledge Management, etc.)
What you’ll help us achieve:
- APP STORE REVIEW GENERATION. This is crucial for this role.
- A team Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) score of 90% or better.
- Internal efficiency. Live Chat acts as a ‘gatekeeper’ and this must be done effectively to avoid reassignments to inaccurate teams.
- Clean internal conversation flow that fosters a positive merchant experience and sentiment.
- Based in/able to work 9-5pm EST (+/- an hour) Monday to Friday.
- High level of empathy.
- Competency in a digital environment. We use tools like Notion, Slack, Google Sheets, Metabase, etc. You don’t have to know how to use all of these tools when you apply, but you must have a mindset that is fairly adept at learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of the e-commerce industry/desire to learn and keep up with industry trends.
- Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of conversations.
- Openness to being coached.
- Team-oriented mindset.
- Able to operate independently in a remote environment while maintaining focus.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS (or any coding language) and using web inspector.
- HUGE BONUS if you know SQL/Metabase, have troubleshooting experience, and/or have past experience in a technical support role.
- $625 CAD Home Office Credit (one-time)
- $1875 CAD Enrichment Fund (annual)
- $125 CAD eCommerce credit (monthly)
- $750 CAD Professional Development Credit (annual w/ manager approval)
- Unlimited vacation days, 3-week minimum
- For employees within Canada, you may be eligible to participate in the Company’s benefit package (50% premium covered by Smile.io) such as Dental plan, Disability benefits, Paramedical services coverage, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance
For employees outside of Canada, a monthly health allowance is given in addition to base pay.
- Apple laptop
Employment Type: Remote, permanent full-time, 9-5pm EST - 40 hours per week.
$50,000 - $50,000 a year
Annual Salary: $50,000 CAD
Our commitment to candidates: At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us. At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal-opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If an accommodation is required to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.