Content Marketing Manager
Atlanta, Ga /
Sonar is a fast-growing Atlanta-based software startup funded by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Craft Ventures and Slack, among others. We are the top-rated Change Intelligence platform for operations teams. Our technology gives customers a clear view into their tech stack, so they can simplify complex change. We’re looking for go-getters, problem-solvers, and leaders who want to help pioneer our future and invest in our culture. If you’re passionate about making a difference and love working with ambitious peers who put their team first, then Sonar is for you!
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our team. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, this person will play point on narrating the Sonar story - creating compelling content that engages our target audience and moves prospects through the pipeline. The CMM will work within the marketing department and cross-functionally with other stakeholders to support branding projects, thought leadership efforts, product launches, sales enablement strategies, and customer marketing campaigns.
Successful candidates will have a writer-first mentality and be comfortable producing short and long form content while spearheading social media, webinars, and PR. They will be a team player and have a “get it done” attitude, not be afraid to ask questions, and have a passion for understanding their buyer and telling unique and compelling stories that are unique to our brand.
What you will do:
- Build industry leading content programs that elevate the Sonar brand and continue establishing us as a content thought leader in the #RevOps and Change Intelligence category.
- Work across departments and internal stakeholders to curate our editorial calendar; manage the content team and outsourced vendors to maintain content KPIs.
- Determine the best content types that help drive growth (i.e., video, webinars, podcasts, ebooks, newsletters, interactive content, etc).
- Be obsessed with our customers and their journey; align our editorial calendar to increase pipeline velocity and growth.
- Proactively conduct industry and customer research that informs our content strategy, advances our category creation, and propels us toward hyper-growth.
- Monitor reach, sentiment, impact, and revenue that results from our content.
- Oversee ideation, planning, and publishing of all Sonar social platforms, leveraging this channel alongside our Demand Gen team to increase pipeline engagement.
- Develop our paid and owned media strategy, identifying and promoting newsworthy milestones in Sonar’s growth journey.
What you will need:
- B2B Tech/SaaS industry experience.
- 5+ years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Experience managing internal employees and outside vendors.
- Experience in SEO analysis and optimization, search ranking factors, and key algorithm updates.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and the ability to adapt in a fluid, high-growth environment.
What we offer!
- Base salary + Commission = uncapped earning potential
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, partial coverage for dependents
- HSA Employer contribution
- Basic Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability: 100% coverage for you
- Voluntary benefits options
- Unlimited PTO- take as much vacation as you need!
- Fully paid and flexible parental leave
- 401k with Company Match
- Brand new Macbook!
- Regular team outings
- Dog-friendly Atlanta office
- Free parking!
Sonar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.